My 1 year Transformation

Options
I am practically 25; 1 year ago today, I decided I was done with living as I had for my whole life prior. I sat down and really got into motivational readings and success stories, and I thought, there was no reason I couldn't do that. I had tried many times to do something worth doing for the better good of myself, many times, but never succeeded. Failure was something I was all too familiar with. I have never really set the bar at a realistic reachable level, or maybe I did, but my discipline and dedication just was not there. I was very quiet, alone, and to myself, lazy and unmotivated. This hadn't been with just with weight problems either. I dropped out of college at a young age (18), which to a degree I still regret. But, as I have learned, all things happen not just for a reason, but because of choices whether good or bad. I also wasted so many of my years, with dead end, meager paying, unsatisfying jobs. I lived day-to-day, with no concern what tomorrow brought. My health and welfare was really not in the foreground of my mind. So what was different this time from the last? On Feb 9th 2013, I stepped on the scale and realized my weight had spiked above 402lbs!!! My pant size had climbed to 54s and my shirt to a 4xl. Never in my life did I ever think this would ever happen to me. I couldn't believe how much my life had spiraled out of control. It was at this point I really re-evaluated my life. My face was slapped back to reality. My blood pressure, gallbladder issues, cholesterol problems, and my bmi, my lack of college education, my careless attitude about life, stress and anxiety....all these things weighed in on on many other factors when I decided to step up to the plate and finally play ball. I made a goal list which consisted of many things I wanted to accomplish over the next few months, and throughout the entire year as well. I made short term and long term goals. I set up diet and workout plans. One step at a time, starting at 9am Feb 10th, 2013, I changed little things about myself for the better. One small change, one healthy step at a time. I started by timing my walk for a mile, which was like 30 minutes...ya i know horrible, but with persistence- everyday, i worked up to fast paced, then a jog, and then interval runs, and then mixed them all up for hiit (high interval training). Point being I started from rock bottom, where I couldn't jog, let alone run...to now where I can run an 8 min mile. I made timed and distance goals, and when I hit them, then I rewarded myself with something I didn’t often do since starting my health kick, such as a 1 meal-cheat day. It gave me the motivate to really push hard. Along with cheat day, and small achievable goals, I persisted by motivating myself through music. I found the outlet of metal music to be exactly what I needed to push out the world, and allow myself to become one with my goals as I focused on them. With music, I was in my own world. 6 days a week, 1.5 hr to 2 hours a day on average for the last 365 days...My workouts varied from strength training to specifically targeted cardio challenge days. I cant even describe how many times I have failed and picked myself back up along the way. Why? because, I wanted something different for myself. Confidence, Success, Self-Satisfaction, and new friendships (that actually meant something). When I say that, I mean friendships that I built from the ground up with people who have lended me advice, or physical help along the way, and had and have been there supporting me along the way (the whole way). This being so many outlets whether instagram groups, beachbody, insanity, myfitness community, fitness athletes, friends and family... In the end its my choice what I do, and where I am now, and where I will be is based off from what I alone do. Inspiration from others has been a big thing for me. I looked in soooooo many places along the journey of weight-loss, to really help push my motivational flame. So many people, friends and family alike, have helped me realize who I have been striving to be, and from all this positivity from so many people, I have done so much. Everyone has their own goals, and ambitions and story...this is mine. Throughout this last year, I lost over 125-130 lbs and dropped to an XL shirt and size 38-40 jeans. I’m now working on building my total body muscle mass ( lean muscle), and overall endurance. With the help of close gym buddies, and my fitness supplement supplier SUPZILLA, I've learned so much about weight training. YouTube, Instagram, and many other educational and supportive pages have helped me progress along the way too. I've also built a big interest for cross-fit training, and plan to pursue that. My personal trainer, who funny enough, I use to be intimidated by (because I use to look at guys in the gym, but not actually talk or ask advice from them), is actually one of my best friends now as well. Unless you get out there, you will never know what you don’t try to do. I've been training for a Spartan Race, I am participating in next month. I also plan to participate in many other races and obstacle courses in the next coming year as well. Sky Diving? ya that’s a goal of mine this year too! Fear of heights, fear of failure, fear of getting out of my comfort zone, fear of getting to know new people and networking out....I feel like I can punch fear in the face now. I’m back in college, with the mind set and goal driven ambition to succeed, and further my education and career options. I'm happier at my job, not just with my coworkers (who are practically like family), but I’m more satisfied with myself. I want to be the best I can be for my employer. My life is getting more and more complex, but in such a great way. My self confidence has sky rocketed, and I feel like I could go anywhere and do anything with no doubt in my mind of succeeding...and if I don’t succeed, I will try try and try again, until I do. It doesn't end here; this is just the beginning, and I plan to make this a life long commitment. "Always do your best, you never know who's looking up to you for some sort of inspiration." - that’s my life motto now.

Replies

• SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Not everyone figures out that only YOU can change your life. You have the right tools and attitude to make your life what you want. Congrats.
  • milyba
    milyba Posts: 49
    Options
    Awesome....
  • shrinkingfeefee
    shrinkingfeefee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow, a round of an applause mr., truly motivation, I wish you the highest in all you do and your greatest heart's desires, keep up the awesome job!
  • Dustin_02
    Dustin_02 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good job bro!!!
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You're pretty amazing!! Congrats on your success!! You've just created a better life for yourself & your family!!
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Job well done and you sound so happy! :smile:
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome JOB!!! You have every reason to be proud of yourself.
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Awesome and so inspiring!!! Best of luck to you.
  • ninavalentine
    ninavalentine Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your wonderful accomplishments! I have a teen age nephew who could benefit so much from your lessons learned and wisdom gained. I wish I could get him to read this but can't quite figure out how to make that happen. I'm sure you're an inspiration to many!
  • Fitastic14
    Options
    What an ahh-mazing transformation ! Congrats to you!
    =)
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job and should be very proud of yourself!!! I wish I would have gotten a hold of mine when I was your age instead of waiting until my 40's. Great work!!!:drinker:
  • 73Laine
    73Laine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome! So proud of u! :happy:
  • accokeekjudi
    accokeekjudi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved reading about your transformation . . . sending you all the hugs and kisses I can muster up . . . your testimony has blessed me tremendously. Wishing you God's continued blessings!!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    This is so amazing! I'm sending it to my brother hoping it will inspire him. Thank you & you are awesome!
  • Version_Me2013
    Version_Me2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for all the responses to my post. You all give me so much more positive energy. Keep pushing in your own goals, I have faith you all will do great in whatever you set out to do. thanks again!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • honeyspot1
    honeyspot1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! So proud of you and your accomplishments!
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    SO FREEKIN COOL. Thank you for sharing your awesome story. I am at 363 (down 12 lbs so far) and your story has really impressed and motivated me to keep pushing onward and upward (or downward on the scale).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!