I want to lose 10lbs by the end of March, 2014

Options
I'm 24, 5'4 and 148lbs. I need some helps. I have no idea how to lose that much. Please give me some advice. What should I do now?

Replies

• David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This is achievable, it will need some focus as this may be a stretch target if you really have no clue. Log what you eat here to make sure you have a calorie deficiet, simplest way is just get cardio (insert medical disclaimer here - assuming you are fit and healthy), get your heart rate up to around 130+ (as high as comfortable but a slight stretch) for 30mins 6 days a week if you can, jogging / walking / rowing machine etc... Get a pedometer - Try to get Min 10.000 steps preferably 15,000 per day on average. Some will argue 1,200 cals per day is too low but I would suggest starting here for now. I am just sticking to read simple weight loss here with minimal effort or extra time or equipment. For longer term well I would say ask more q's here and get clear what you really want, for this month just focus on the calories and get moving. Track the weight with this for the 5 weeks you have you should see 2 to 3 lbs in the first week and just under 2 per week overview next 4, This is assuming you have been sedentary up till now. When you walk keep that belly tucked in, he'll even when you are sitting be aware of you posture and sit tall. I would also suggest weighing every day for now, don't worry about any individual number but you are looking for gradual decrease and I should have mentioned make sure you drink 2 to 3 litres water a day.
  • trannguyen2711
    Options
    This is achievable, it will need some focus as this may be a stretch target if you really have no clue. Log what you eat here to make sure you have a calorie deficiet, simplest way is just get cardio (insert medical disclaimer here - assuming you are fit and healthy), get your heart rate up to around 130+ (as high as comfortable but a slight stretch) for 30mins 6 days a week if you can, jogging / walking / rowing machine etc... Get a pedometer - Try to get Min 10.000 steps preferably 15,000 per day on average. Some will argue 1,200 cals per day is too low but I would suggest starting here for now. I am just sticking to read simple weight loss here with minimal effort or extra time or equipment. For longer term well I would say ask more q's here and get clear what you really want, for this month just focus on the calories and get moving. Track the weight with this for the 5 weeks you have you should see 2 to 3 lbs in the first week and just under 2 per week overview next 4, This is assuming you have been sedentary up till now. When you walk keep that belly tucked in, he'll even when you are sitting be aware of you posture and sit tall. I would also suggest weighing every day for now, don't worry about any individual number but you are looking for gradual decrease and I should have mentioned make sure you drink 2 to 3 litres water a day.
    Such a very good answer for my short question. Thanks so much. I'm on day 1 of this program: http://www.runnersworld.com/beginners/the-8-week-beginners-program?page=single
    Does it work for my plan of losing 10 lbs/month?