Love Handles and a lot of weight still hanging on my stomach

Options
Hi all! I know I can't spot reduce the fat on my body, but although my love handles/muffin top have gotten smaller over time, they are still extremely large compared to the rest of my body. They aren't proportional to my waist or my thighs and they are overall just very large still. I weigh 142 pounds currently and usually go to the treadmill to burn my calories. Any advice as to what I should do to make my hips/love handles/muffin top smaller? (Sorry I have no clue what to call this section of my body. It's pretty much the area below my waist to my hips)

Replies

• sheepybebe
    sheepybebe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Do you do any weight lifting or abs workouts? These will help to tone you up and hopefully reduce the inches around your hips/waist/muffin top :P
  • getdancing2013
    getdancing2013 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well not that I can do it right now with prior surgical issues, but I have a friend who had a similar problem and she switched from walking/running to kickboxing/MMA stuff. Worked her entire abdominal area and she got rid of the pooch/handles, etc. So maybe try a different kind of aerobics that works that area? GL!
  • V44VAA
    Options
    I started Insanity a little under two weeks ago, I can noticeably see the difference in my sides already. I'd say give that a go or something pretty similar to it.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Maybe start weight lifting and doing ab exercises. It would help with toning that area.
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 6week 6pack Ab workouts might help!
  • Amie589
    Amie589 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I will keep everything in mind and try to change up my workout routine! :)