lost my last 10 pounds! with pics!

Options
I went looking through old pictures today... I found a massive difference to the amount of pictures then to now.
b424ded1-c6ca-4550-9d43-cf3500b7116f.jpg
6afc4d26-a5b5-4e32-8761-e4b45ca67386.jpg

A friend told me about myfitnesspal so I started April 1 2011. I had my calories set at 1200 and NEVER did I eat above 1300. I weighed and measured absolutely everything I put in my mouth...I also logged absolutely everything. If I was too embarrassed to log it publicly then I shouldn't be eating it. For the first time ever I lost weight quickly. September 1, 2011 I weighed 130 pounds.

What everyone wants to know is what I did for exercise... I didn't. I didn't do any. I had a 4 year old and a 1 year old. Other than going for the OCCASIONAL walk I didn't do much beyond that to lose the weight. It was 99% what I ate.September 2012 I got a gym membership with my husband and my best girl friend. We have gone 3 times a week ever since. I also jog a 10km trail a couple times a week in the spring-fall.

I fluctuated between 132-136lbs for the next year and a half. I was happy at that weight and I would be happy again at that weight. But I do feel like I should celebrate "the last 10 pounds" victory that I've had recently. I got strict with my calories again and faithful with my logging. Still am going no more than 3 times a week to the gym. But its going well. It can be done!! and i'm proof of that!

Weight is easy to maintain when you stick with it and make real life changes. I was never on a "diet". Ever. I just changed my outlook on what I wanted. And I wanted my life back.

Replies

• melmustloseweight2014
    Options
    Congrats :smile:
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Brilliant success & dedication. Well done!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! excellent and well done
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing, congrats! And go Seahawks ;)
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Well done! Oh, and I just love the tank top in your after picture. BOOM!!!
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congrats you look awesome!
  • AriDublyu
    Options
    Wonderful! This is why I love MFP, people sharing their stories and inspiring me to stay on target. Kudos to you.
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look fabulous! Congratulations!
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You look really great. It's good to hear different ways of doing it. Exercise wasn't part of your plan and it still worked brilliantly. That'll be inspiration for a lot of people. You must have fantastic self discipline to never exceed 1300. Would love to know your maintenance programme.
  • chubbs43
    Options
    So happy for you????great job????I have over 100lds to lose,having trouble working out so I am just doing the same for know.this was awesome to just read this I needed this .happy for your success.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look amazing! I feel the same way, I'm not on a diet, I'm just making a life change :)
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!!! Cheers to success! :drinker:
  • BecciJoWilding
    BecciJoWilding Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!!! COngrats! I'm working on my last 10 right now!
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for being a mom with little kids who lost! I found that to be the very hardest time of my life. I loved my kids and they were the best years ever, but really hard food wise (and for me money wise). I made sure everyone was taken care of, except me. Way to go - you made yourself, your health, a priority and didn't use kids as an excuse. Fabulous!
  • SweetieMelissa
    SweetieMelissa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Your profile picture looks like Tarja Turunen from Nightwish...<3333

Congrats by the way! You look amazing!!! :D:D Great job!
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Great job!:smile:
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    way to go! i just joined today!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Wonderful success!!! :) You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!