Egg Salad

Options
I found this recipe on Pintrest and it is SOOO good.

4-6 Servings
100g/ serving
Calories: 144
Total Fat: 9.2g
Sat Fat: 2.7g
Chol: 299mg
Sodium: 143mg
Potassium:157mg
Total Carbs: 4.7g
Sugars: 3.9g
Protein: 10.9g
Vit A: 9%
Vit C: 1%
Calcium: 8%
Iron: 10%

8 large eggs, boiled and peeled
1/3 cup low-fat greek yogurt, plain (I used Chobani)
1 tbs mayonnaise (I used a low-fat generic)
1 tbs minced fresh dill
salt and pepper to taste

I use Pocket Thins Flatbread (pita): 200 calories for a whole or 100 cal or half.

I have this for lunch, one batch is lunch for almost a week and its only 344 calories and filling.

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    sounds wonderful. thanks.
  • tweetetina
    Options
    Sounds good and something different than what I've been eating...think I'm gonna make some for lunch :)
  • Spartan_1_1_7
    Spartan_1_1_7 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vmatare
    Options
    How much do you eat as a serving size? Thanks for sharing this recipe. Really want to try this soon!
  • MrRossMurphy
    Options
    Lose the Mayo... in general. Don't even let it in the house and you'll live longer.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I make mine with all greek yogurt (I use tofu instead of eggs). I LOVE dill in it along with some celery and green onions. Thanks for sharing!
  • Nanette117
    Nanette117 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I add cut up celery to my egg salad- it gives it some nice crunch and few calories.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Yum. I'll have to make that.
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, I'll be making some tomorrow.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I add diced jalapeno or a squirt of sriracha
  • nltg13
    nltg13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lose the Mayo... in general. Don't even let it in the house and you'll live longer.

But mayo is yummy!
  • WorkingOutInPA
    WorkingOutInPA Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy! Thanks!
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I use yogurt or sour cream to substitute for mayo in all kinds of things. Sour Cream is still high in fat, but not nearly so bad as mayo. Sometimes, I use a smidge of mayo in the yogurt for flavor.

Try yogurt, honey, and nutmeg for a fruit salad dressing. Try it with minced garlic and dill for sandwiches and fish. Throw some fruit in the blender for a smoothie and then toss in a glob of yogurt for a "float."

And here's my new ice cream: Stir some frozen berries, cherries, and/or peaches in plain yogurt, with a smidge of honey. Let it sit for a few minutes, until the fruit and yogurt are kind of half-frozen. I can eat a whole bowl of this for the same calorie allowance as a tiny half-cup of ice cream.

Find a yogurt you like. Cheap yogurt just doesn't cut it, and often has nasty starch fillers. I like Nancy's.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    YUM. WIll have to try it with yogurt. I also like adding mustard/mustard powder or curry powder