5'4/5'5/5'6 girls who want to lose ~ 20lbs by summer

Options
I have a group that I set up 3 weeks ago but I still think 20lbs is realistic depending on when summer starts so it doesn't matter that some of you may be late.

The point of the group is to discuss the challenge of losing the weight with people of a similar height and similar goals. I have set up a weekly weigh in thread for Saturday mornings and the weekly weigh in has stopped me obsessing with the scales so much and keeps me accountable as I'm posting it in the group. And it is something that is the main part of the group so that we all weigh in once a week and hold each other accountable the rest of the time so the weigh ins are positive :)

I really don't want people to read this and be like oh wow that's my goal I will join the group and then not post their weigh in stats or just anything in general. Motivation needs to be consistent and I think if you join and keep the group active we will reach our goals together.

here is the link if you want to join and please do add me as a friend :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19552-5-4-5-6-girls-with-around-20-lbs-to-lose-by-summer

Replies

• lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Yup, that is exactly my goal! I have about 40 total to lose but if I can get halfway there by summer I'll be happy. But I've lost five pounds already so, go me! I'll join the challenge. :smile:
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5 and only want to lose 12lbs, are you going to hate me forever if I join? :frown: :brokenheart: I just need some support, majorly down in the dumps today
  • elw90
    elw90 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    course not!! join in :)
  • deeohcee
    deeohcee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I was looking for! I literally did a search for 20lbs as that is what I would like to lose...well btw 15 & 20lbs. I don't want to look like a scrawny so I'll go off what my body tells me but 20lbs seems about right for my build. Anyways so I did a search for 20lbs and found you guys. Thanks so much for setting up this group. When I first joined MFP I wanted to lose 25lbs and I made incredible progress and lost 12lbs with Insanity in 2.5 months. And started to think the 25lb might have been ambitious. This was at the end of last year. The holidays happened and I was out of town, with family and all that good stuff and now I'm back home to see that I have gained back 5lbs. Although I have to say, I feared I'd have gained back much more. I'm grateful that was not the case. So, it's nice to meet you all. I'm 5'6" and would like to lose ~20lbs by summer.
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I was looking for! I literally did a search for 20lbs as that is what I would like to lose...well btw 15 & 20lbs. I don't want to look like a scrawny so I'll go off what my body tells me but 20lbs seems about right for my build. Anyways so I did a search for 20lbs and found you guys. Thanks so much for setting up this group. When I first joined MFP I wanted to lose 25lbs and I made incredible progress and lost 12lbs with Insanity in 2.5 months. And started to think the 25lb might have been ambitious. This was at the end of last year. The holidays happened and I was out of town, with family and all that good stuff and now I'm back home to see that I have gained back 5lbs. Although I have to say, I feared I'd have gained back much more. I'm grateful that was not the case. So, it's nice to meet you all. I'm 5'6" and would like to lose ~20lbs by summer.

I just did a search for "20lbs" for this very reason. I am late to the party, but I would like to join. I have some local friends who were using MFP, but have not been active, so I could use some external support!
  • epooler12
    epooler12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I want in! I'm 5'7" and I'd like to ultimately lose 45 pounds but I definitely want to get in on this goal! My classes end April 28 but I don't consider summer to start until around June. 20 lbs is totally doable !
  • jsjp
    jsjp Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Count me in... I'm 5'4.5" and amabout 150. Want to lose 15lbs by July 1. Even earlier if I can.
  • superkt
    superkt Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5 and only want to lose 12lbs, are you going to hate me forever if I join? :frown: :brokenheart: I just need some support, majorly down in the dumps today

haha, i'm 5'3" and came here to say just this.
  • lauraf130490
    Options
    I'm technically 5ft 6.5, am I too tall to join? :p

I started off weighing 147 after Christmas, and I now weigh 142. My progress has been painfully slow due to the fact I went to London last month for 3 days and then Iceland last week for four days and both times ate and drank pretty much what I wanted. My social life revolves around drinking and eating out. So I end up going out for meals 1-2 times per week and every two to three weeks I have a big night up town where I drink a load of cocktails and wine.

So basically, my social life stops me losing weight quickly because most places I go do not have calorie information on the menu so I just think, "well I have no idea how bad any of this food is so I may as well just eat what I want". It's not a good mindset I know.

So if anyone has any ideas on how I can still go out for meals and nights out without completely ruining my progress it would be greatly appreciated :)
  • kbshannon
    kbshannon Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    YAY! A group for me to make new friends in and get motivated to get moving and not comfort/bored eating.
  • havenoenvyonlylove
    havenoenvyonlylove Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is perfect :) I'm 5'4" and would love to drop 20 lbs by summer, although I haven't been that weight since high school so it will be a challenge. I think it's doable though since I've been losing about half a pound to a pound every week since February weight for my 90 day challenge. Let's do this!
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've already lost about 20 lbs, but I love having a support system to get the next 10 lbs gone. I don't know if I can do it by summer, because I have upped my calories and am losing slower so I get more used to eating more normally. According to MFP, I should lose about .7 lbs per week. I think it has been a little less than that, but I'm still making progress. :)