Progress pic question

Options
2»

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I take them once a month, but I measure and weigh once a week
    This is exactly what I do (well, I weigh daily just to see trends, but have one official weigh in day each week that I record).
  • jams0426
    jams0426 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also find that taking measurements can be more rewarding than pictures. For instance, according the my measurements I've lost over 5 inches on my waist, but I can't tell that much of a difference in the pictures.

Also for some help with pictures: Make sure you are standing in the same manner as the original photo. I noticed if I'm even a little bit more relaxed than the picture before it can throw off how the progress looks in the picture.

Happy Picture Taking!!
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    First Saturday of every month.

It really helps when I don't see progress in the mirror.
  • JengaJess
    JengaJess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly just really scared I won't see positive changes even though I've been working my butt off. that would be so discouraging to me

Be careful with this. If you go in with a negative attitude, it could affect the way you view yourself.
    I take pictures weekly, and I compare them. If I'm having a good day, I can easily see the difference. If I'm feeling low, I'm critical of myself and can't see any difference. If you're doing it right, you're getting results. You said it yourself, you've been working your butt off. Go in with a positive attitude. You've been working hard and hard work pays off. If you sit down and look at the picture and you're confident in yourself, the changes you've been making and the work you've been putting in, you might have an easier time seeing the difference.
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Love the positive comments/advice!

I really wish I had taken pictures back when I started.. but as somebody else mentioned.. I didn't realize I was starting :)
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    About once a month, not ready to share with people yet
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I usually take a pic after every 5lbs I lose.

What I want to know is how you do that.^^^.....the collage of pictures showing different times so you have a side by side comparison, with words and dates. Last year I took a picture of myself holding a sign with date on it so I could remember, lol.
  • allana1111
    Options
    think ill actually take my pics tomorrow.. then will be exactly 3 weeks I believe!
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I started out taking 1 a day because I wanted to do a montage of them...then I got lazy :P Now it's about 1-2 times a month. When I hit a nice round number or just because.
  • allana1111
    Options
    ok took my pics. very discouraged. don't really see a change.... wore the same thing, in the same mirror, standing the same way (as close as i could get it). ya... seriously wondering why i'm even working my *kitten* off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!