Quinoa

Options
I'm really really trying to make my calories count. Good clean food. I have recently begun experimenting with quinoa...Love it! But hate the high calorie count. Same goes for wild rice. 1/4 of a cup of quinoa has a whopping 172 calories! Wild rice is 160 calories for 1/4 cup! That's like 3 bites. Do you think it's worth it?...

Replies

• kaydoh2014
    kaydoh2014 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    In quinoa's case, absolutely. It's a perfect protein!
  • aimeeelise_awesome
    Options
    1/4 cup on quinoa dry or cooked? A 1/4 cup dry expands to A LOT OF QUINOA (at least in my experience). I also feel like quinoa keeps me fuller longer, so 172 calories is worth it. Pair the quinoa with some broccoli and chicken, it'll keep me full for hours.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm really really trying to make my calories count. Good clean food. I have recently begun experimenting with quinoa...Love it! But hate the high calorie count. Same goes for wild rice. 1/4 of a cup of quinoa has a whopping 172 calories! Wild rice is 160 calories for 1/4 cup! That's like 3 bites. Do you think it's worth it?...

I think it is. good carbs is still an important part of a healthy diet, and I think it's totally worth it for th equinoa