Poll: Ditching dinner for lots of ice cream...yay or nay?!

Options
Nouurann
Nouurann Posts: 183 Member
I don't just want a half cup lol I want 2 full cups of deliciousness<3 not sure if it'll be worth ditching my almost-equally-yummy dinner of cod, brown rice, beans and broccoli I'd have D: so I'm leaving it to the public

& please don't suggest to work out and fit it in :P I already worked out, i just don't log or eat back exercise calories :)

Calorie goal is at 1,720, in case you're wondering. Diary is also open :)

Replies

• MissInfiniti
    MissInfiniti Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary.. but I say yay. Sometimes you just need some ice cream.
  • Nouurann
    Options
    Can't see your diary.. but I say yay. Sometimes you just need some ice cream.

oops! my bad lol, fixed :) but see that's what I'm saying!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Eat the ice cream! :flowerforyou:
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Go for it if it fits your calories. As long as you're not eating ice cream for dinner every night, who cares? Treat yourself.
  • fgodfrey56
    fgodfrey56 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    YAY!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Eat your dinner.

Drink water.

Have some ice cream for dessert.
  • hotmamajenE
    hotmamajenE Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    go for it and eat the ice cream. I'm sure you don't do it that often. Look at it as a reward for your body for working out so hard for you! Enjoy! :)
  • Ellyssandra
    Options
    Go for it! Nutrients are important and all, but a dinner of ice cream sounds delicious, and substituting one dinner is healthy for the soul :P
  • MissInfiniti
    MissInfiniti Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel the mental satisfaction is just as important as nutritional satisfaction. If I'm craving something but eat something else instead.... I'll still be hungry/unsatisfied.
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    That dinner sounds very filling, but then I completely understand the need for 2 cups of ice cream, lol. However, how hungry are you gonna be later - could that lead to overeating? Maybe split the difference. Have the cod and broccoli and maybe 1 cup of ice cream.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    ice cream sounds delish. especially cookie dough ice cream. but, your dinner sounds really yummy too to be honest. i dunno, if you can't have both, you seem to have yourself in a bit of a pickle.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner

You'll be hungry if you just have ice cream
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have done this plenty of times, to no lasting harm.
    But, I will say that you will be hungry later...you will want something "real" and may end up overeating. i would probably just have both and not stress it too much.
  • xLittleMissVixenx
    Options
    Personally I'd rather have the ice cream. I skip lunch nearly every day so that I can have a chocolate snack in the evening because it's what I would rather have. Your dinner sounds nice but you won't fully appreciate if if you're thinking about ice cream and you can always have it tomorrow instead.
  • Nouurann
    Options
    That dinner sounds very filling, but then I completely understand the need for 2 cups of ice cream, lol. However, how hungry are you gonna be later - could that lead to overeating? Maybe split the difference. Have the cod and broccoli and maybe 1 cup of ice cream.

Honestly, I'd probably eat it and if I'm super hungry, I'll just go to bed to not go over my calorie goal lol. Planning to have it around 9:30 pm anyway (cause that's when I'll get home from volunteering) so it'll be close to bedtime since I work at 7 am Sunday :) and...i'll probably be too lazy too cook that dinner....this ice cream just keeps sounding even better :laugh:
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Ice cream sounds yummy, go for it.
  • RamaAkyer
    RamaAkyer Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Go for it!

ICE CREAM FTW!! :D
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    do it, I do, don't make a habbit of it obvisouly but gotta live a little now and then!
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Nay. Don't skip the meal.

If I really want ice cream than I have some but make sure I eat well the rest of the day. You can't deprive yourself of the things you want you just have to eat in moderation.
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Last night, I ditched my second dinner in favor of two cookies and a big cup of whole milk :)