Egg free PLEASE!

Options
Hello! I am just starting out on paleo and am floundering finding egg free breakfasts. I have a two year old and a one year old, and the younger one is allergic to eggs. I know of some substitutes, but those won't cut the mustard when something requires 6 eggs, or egg is the primary ingredient. I am also trying to avoid using fruits, because that's what the kids snack on through the day and I don't want to overload them.

Replies

• hararayne
    hararayne Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't subscribe to paleo eating, but what are some things you eat for dinner? Would it be hard to have leftovers from dinner or eat foods you normally would eat at lunch or dinner?

If you're looking for recipes, I don't have much to offer. I just know that many people do well with lots of different diets by changing their definition of what a normal breakfast is. My grandmother, for example eats 1/2 an avocado, tomato, sometimes an egg or two and sprouted grain bread for breakfast. I rarely would think to eat an avocado or tomato at breakfast unless adding them to an omelot. Sometimes she has them by themselves with some other veggies or oatmeal. Again, not paleo, but she stretches the definiton of what we normally think of as breakfast food.

I personally like to eat "lunch" as my first meal often. I work later so I sleep later and everyone else is eating lunch at noon when I start work. So I join them eating "lunch" foods.
  • Evlyn11
    Options
    Please, I resort to a forum only AFTER lots of googling. The problem is, as you say, there are a kabillion blogs out there! With two squirts and a job I simply don't have time to sift through hundreds of egg recipes to find one egg free. I was hoping to find someone in a similar situation with some tried and true options on their hands.
  • healthnewlife
    Options
    i don't know why people are telling OP to go to google first because i have seen those same recipes requiring 6 eggs and i can't find a substitute for them either..
  • KFV45
    KFV45 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm not familiar with that type of diet, but I am allergic to eggs. I've been eating peanut butter on whole wheat toast for breakfast my entire life. It's quick and easy.
  • phantomjam
    phantomjam Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Paleo avoids legumes so unless she makes an exception peanut butter is out.
    I was going to suggest home-made muesli but that's out too because of oats. She has selected a difficult road.

OP try a paleo forum. They may be more knowledgeable on this matter.
  • Evlyn11
    Options
    If we were talking afce to face it wouldn't have sounded sarcastic. Internet inhibits that, it was me agreeing with you.
  • Evlyn11
    Options
    Sorry guys- I thought this was the starting out paleo board! Thank you for the suggestions.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I always use a few scoops of applesauce in place of eggs in pancakes and waffles. Nobody has complained about them yet!