New here from another site

Options
I have used Calorie Count (about.com) for the past year. I was having a problem with the site finding food they were about 60% accurate of what I ate. I was playing around on this site one day and I could hardly find any food to log that was not in the database. At first, I thought there were advantages to both so I started logging on both sites. After a couple of days, I learned my way around MFP and found that most everything could be done on this site as Calorie Count. I am completely switching over to MFP because the large food database is a big plus. I had to find similar items most days that were closest to what I ate on CC. The only problem is leaving the community friends that I had made over the past year behind. I will need friends on here, but I do not know anyone yet. Anyone interested on a new friend please send a request. Support from others really helps. Hope everyone is having a great weekend, Brad...

Replies

• celtharvest
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I don't use it much, but I'm trying to track my food better. I've also used Calorie King's food database, but it's hard to get to without paying.
  • mkemmis73
    mkemmis73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I need friends too!
  • lisatrish
    lisatrish Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just switched back a week ago from LiveStrong. I had the same problem there not everything was in the database and I was choosing items that were close. I'll send you a friend request.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou: Do what ever works best for you!
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Nothing out there compares to MFP.
  • thompst214
    thompst214 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost 41 pounds 2 years ago and kept it off this site is awesome.