Replies

• dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    66 and trying to loose weight yet again
  • cidplady
    cidplady Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi - yes I am over 60 and trying to lose a stone which I gained by being on steroids (which I am now coming off thank heavens) - been skinny all my life but now can't shift the weight that has appeared during the past year.
  • Soullesskiwi
    Options
    ignore
  • janjoy33
    Options
    does 58 1/2 count? Joined here march 2012 and had fantastic results the first year! lost 16 pounds by writing down my intake , staying near my calorie allowances and walking regularly. Last year got lazier cos life events got in the way and watched myself gain 10 pounds :(... So I am back with renewed commitment cos it works!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and I cycle 15-20 miles daily, and sometimes 25-30 miles. All my stats are great. I'm 4'11" and net about 1400 cals daily. Please add me if you are physically active, and have open food and exercise diaries. Please -- no VLCD's (very low calorie diets).
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I had no idea there were this many people on MFP over sixty... and I've been on MFP every day since November 2011! I've been on maintenance since May 2012. (Maintenance is as hard as losing weight without the thrill of hitting weight goals.) I'm 61.
  • 95to5percent
    95to5percent Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Hello I am definitely in the over 60 and still trying....hopefully this time will produce permanent results. check out my site for a new friend. 95to5 percent...we can do it.
  • 95to5percent
    Options
    I have just joined group. I also have a life coach revolution group. Seeking to stay with it 365 days, as i am one of the gain lose gain lose 95% and would like to be the 5% who keep it off. I think this site can help do that. I have been staying in the net calories for my plan, but have gained 1 pound this last 2 weeks instead of losing. I think i cannot do net calories...but just forget the extra i earn exercising. comments? metabolism seems to slow down as i age. anyone else having that problem.:drinker:
  • 95to5percent
    Options
    after that I think i will go take a walk. start my day off right...have a great day and hopefully we will see less of us tomorrow.(In diminished weight...):drinker:
  • nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am 66 and have been on MFP for a couple of years during which I have lost 25 pounds. I think I weigh less now than I ever have since becoming an adult, and I have been struggling with my weight all of my life.

I was recently told I have an autoimmune disease so have been put on a strict anti-inflammatory elimination diet and it has done wonders for me. I am now off all of my pain meds, I sleep better, and I have more energy, plus my weight is still dropping even though I am eating more food than I used to. I still have flare-ups and aches and pains, but they are not nearly so bad now, and I'm hoping that with time they will diminish further.

It's good to see so many over-60 people on here. I have run into a few on MFP, but it's great to see so many more. Please add me as a friend if you wish.
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ain't that the truth. I rejoined this week and my first day of meal logging really revealed the problem. Yikes. I am going to log every day -- it is so valuable. Good luck to you.
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ain't that the truth. I rejoined this week and my first day of meal logging really revealed the problem. Yikes. I am going to log every day -- it is so valuable. Good luck to you.

Oops, this was meant to be a reply to Naughykeef's comment.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I turned 60 last month. I have 34 lbs off and many more lbs to go!
    Hi, new to this forum, just wondering if there are some older people out there trying to lose weight also?
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm 59 this March; I am still trying to lose weight for a normal BMI. Don't despair, we have all been on diets before. This time it will be a gradual life style change.

WELCOME to MFP!!
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am ECSTATIC to see this many others in MY age category. I was beginning to think that I was about the only one. I was 60 last October. I started my journey July 2013. I joined MFP in August after seeing my nutrition doctor and he started me on my way with a diet plan. I've lost 88# since July. Anybody can add me as a friend as I would love to have some friends on here of my own age that also have the same challenges that I have. Thanks to everybody out there.