Getting connected

Options
I’m looking for occasional encouragement and reasonable challenge. My ultimate goal is to lose 40 pounds, but I want to take it slow and steady, making small lifestyle changes. I tend to lose focus with too ambitious goals. I’m tired of starting over and over again. Like they say- if you’re tired of starting over, never stop!

I have an extremely busy, extremely stressful career, working 48-65 inconsistent hours. I have little to no work-life balance. Some nights I leave at 5, some nights at 10. I love my job, but it can be emotionally and physically draining.

I want to find the right groups and friends to help keep me on track. I want challenge, but none of the "crash" health that hasn't worked for me in the past. Any suggestions?

Replies

• SunshineNo1
    SunshineNo1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am new as well. Just getting started after years of sedentary lifestyle. I think the hardest part is our body is so used to the sedentary lifestyle that when I try to do some exercise, it just kills me. I am short of breath, cannot do simple movements let alone flexible. The thing is training the muscle slowly and making it believe that this is what it is supposed to do is the key. And for that, just keep it going, no matter how long it takes, the muscles have to eventually quit cheating and become flexible. Its been only walking workout for me for the past 1 week. I do Leslie Sansone's walking workout everyday. I couldnt do anything else and I cannot even do treadmill for now.

I have stopped eating refined sugar. My drinks are either water or buttermilk with some water and salt like Turkish Ayran. I dont eat fried food either. My diet for the past one week is normal everyday food but cooked at home with real vegetables. I eat flat bread that is made with whole wheat flour. I am trying to count calories so that i know and get used to how much I can eat...I reduced my portion size to half and eat fruit before eating food when I am hungry. So far so good, can see some difference in upper body but my stomach and thighs are still a problem. It will take time I know.. but cant wait to lose my target weight...

I hope you and I can keep track of our consistency with diet and workout. Best of luck for your weight loss.