fast and easy calorie burn

Options
Anyone here doing anything that takes a small amount of time to burn a few extra calories? In the evenings, after I'm done with my menu and the exercise for the day, I can't help but to think "I should burn a few more calories while I'm just sitting here". I don't mean like a full workout or a 20 minute run....just something in about 10 or 15 minutes to top of the day.

Replies

• terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Jog in place or march in place. Try marching with ankle weights or just lifting weights. Squats, any body weight exercise. You're probably not going to have a noticeable amount of calorie burn, but all those small burns really add up over time. Just get up and move!!!
  • Cari_87
    Cari_87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I keep a couple of 5 lb dumbbells under the coffee table. I do a few different arm exercises while watching tv - so easy and still burning!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Anyone here doing anything that takes a small amount of time to burn a few extra calories? In the evenings, after I'm done with my menu and the exercise for the day, I can't help but to think "I should burn a few more calories while I'm just sitting here". I don't mean like a full workout or a 20 minute run....just something in about 10 or 15 minutes to top of the day.
    Look up the 7 minute workout.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Burpees, jumping jacks and squats. End with plank.
  • KrystalHocevar
    KrystalHocevar Posts: 24 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I love the 7 minute workout app!!!
  • tonytedesco
    tonytedesco Posts: 68 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Needed this.. thanks!
  • truetarot1988
    truetarot1988 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Every calorie counts! :)
  • thatismesammyg
    thatismesammyg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do the 8 min abs video from like 1995 on youtube. It's ancient, but heck if it doesn't burn those abs like a mofo in 8 min.
  • resilientnurse
    Options
    Try doing some HIIT workout or even a DVD workout, such as the 30 Day Shred. Each workout is only 20 mins and really effective!
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Jog in place or march in place. Try marching with ankle weights or just lifting weights. Squats, any body weight exercise.

I do some of this and also use the bottom step of the stairs to do step ups. If you do them quickly, you can get your heart rate up pretty good in a short time frame.
  • Snarkist
    Options
    burpees
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I usually eat ice cream at that time...
  • truetarot1988
    truetarot1988 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do the 8 min abs video from like 1995 on youtube. It's ancient, but heck if it doesn't burn those abs like a mofo in 8 min.

Burnin abs like a mofo sounds good to me... LOL