Magazines

Options
chickadee2010
chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
Do you subscribe to any fitness or cooking magazines? I do and they seem to help somewhat.

Replies

• MyWishfulShrinking
    Options
    I am subscribed to Shape, Fitness, Oxygen and Self. I love them, they are very helpful.
  • emilyrspurgin
    emilyrspurgin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    they are for sure encouraging! I would much rather have magazines around that reflect fit bodies and not just skinny bodies.
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to Women's Health, Weight Watchers, Fitness and Vegetarian Times. I agree that it helps to have them around. I love to constantly learn new things--especially fitness-related things :) Hopefully I get Eating Well magazine from Santa this year!

(I did have a subscription to Cooking Light but there weren't enough vegetarian recipes in it to hold my interest...and some of the so-called "light" recipes weren't light enough for me!)
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I love oxygen magazine <3 Shape is another really great one!
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Shape, fitness, and women's health. :)
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I subscribe to Women's Health, Weight Watchers, Fitness and Vegetarian Times. I agree that it helps to have them around. I love to constantly learn new things--especially fitness-related things :) Hopefully I get Eating Well magazine from Santa this year!

(I did have a subscription to Cooking Light but there weren't enough vegetarian recipes in it to hold my interest...and some of the so-called "light" recipes weren't light enough for me!)
    I subscribed to Cooking Light, but have yet to get an issue. Is it an okay magazine, though? Are the recipies any good?
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I subscribed to Cooking Light, but have yet to get an issue. Is it an okay magazine, though? Are the recipies any good?

My mom (who isn't a vegetarian) LOVES Cooking Light, and I think my sister likes it too. I have to say that I did enjoy the fitness section. It's a good magazine, but it just wasn't exactly what fit for me. :)
  • chickadee2010
    Options

My mom (who isn't a vegetarian) LOVES Cooking Light, and I think my sister likes it too. I have to say that I did enjoy the fitness section. It's a good magazine, but it just wasn't exactly what fit for me. :)
    I see. Thanks!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    bump
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Reps and Fitness RX for Men.