How many pounds..

Options
How many pounds usually correlate to a size in US clothing sizes?
For example, how many pounds to I have to lose to drop a size (bottoms)?

Replies

• KikoAlonsoGal
    KikoAlonsoGal Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi! I think it's around 10-12, but it also has to do with body mass and fat vs. muscle.
  • aless820
    aless820 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi! I think it's around 10-12, but it also has to do with body mass and fat vs. muscle.

Thank you! I thought so but I wasn't all that sure!
  • KikoAlonsoGal
    Options
    No problem!!!
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    All totally depends on a ton of factors. Sizing is different all over the place. Bodies are different. For me, I dropped 18 lbs before I could move down a size. When I was 140 lbs and went down to 130.. I didn't change sizes. In fact I was wearing a size 13 in some pants, a 10 in others, and fit into a 4 in another brand.
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

I've lost 32 pounds and gone down 3 pant sizes so holds pretty true for me.
  • aless820
    Options
    All totally depends on a ton of factors. Sizing is different all over the place. Bodies are different. For me, I dropped 18 lbs before I could move down a size. When I was 140 lbs and went down to 130.. I didn't change sizes. In fact I was wearing a size 13 in some pants, a 10 in others, and fit into a 4 in another brand.

Okay thanks! I have to make sure I don't have expectations then!
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    At 250 lbs I was a tight 20, I'm 229 now and a slightly loose 18 if that helps any.
  • aless820
    Options
    Thank you!
  • KikoAlonsoGal
    Options
    I think it depends on where you hold your weight too. I tend to have a pretty big belly so although I may lose 10-12 pounds, I can still be in the same pants size. On average I believe that is the number but it just all depends.
  • aless820
    Options
    I think it depends on where you hold your weight too. I tend to have a pretty big belly so although I may lose 10-12 pounds, I can still be in the same pants size. On average I believe that is the number but it just all depends.
    My weight is proportioned throughout my body, with no one "problem area". However, I noticeably lose weight in my stomach first
  • 39laurita39
    39laurita39 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello =) i think its around 10 pounds and if you are exercising & toning you will drop the sizes ^^ Lost 55 pounds: i used to wear a size 14 then a 8. Once i started weight-training i lost an additional 10 pounds and now im a size 4 so yes muscle did make the biggest difference for me.. dont know over there but sizes here in spain are pretty similar between stores.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    It can really vary. I had lost 39 lbs when I started and didn't change size.... I regained that and more and have been losing from that. Now I'm down 25 lbs from THAT trip... but my pant size is 10" smaller in the waist... even though I had lost 14 MORE pounds the previous time. Body composition changed big time ;)
    Next step is to be able to walk into any vendor and pick up the top of the size range they carry but to be able to just buy it at a regular store will be nice.