In need of some fitness buddies

Options
Hi! I'm looking for some people that can help me stick to my new weight loss goals and focus on staying healthy even with temptation around every corner. I'm new to the boards, but not to My Fitness Pal, I've tried it twice in the past with good results but I fell off the wagon and went back to bad habits because no one was around to tell me to keep it up. So, if anyone likes to do friendly competitions, I'm game. I used to have a workout buddy and we challenged each other but I recently moved and I don't have any close friends here.

I also started an account with Nerd Fitness, because it's really motivated me with the success stories from like-minded people. I'm really big on nerdy stuff like Marvel comics, Sci-fi TV shows, and videogames. I love being able to watch Netflix while I pump out an hour on the stepper. So, if anyone would like to be workout buddies, please message me. : )

Replies

• kb2699
    kb2699 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I'm fairly new, have been on here about a month. I have about 30lbs to lose (perhaps even more if I get that far) and am mostly running in terms of exercise. :)
  • OoOJennieOoO
    OoOJennieOoO Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me too, I need encouragement and will give encouragement too. I have also had success with MFP but have fell off the bandwagon as well. what kind of workouts do you like?
  • Phoenix612
    Phoenix612 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, fellow nerds should stay together :D

Anyone else can add me as well!
  • Barb_A
    Barb_A Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm from Canada ... on Day 44 on Keto way of eating!

Based on 1600 calories, my macros ratio is:

- Carbs: 5% (20g),
    - Fat: 75% (133g),
    - Protein: 20% (80g).

I lost 15 lbs in first 14 days and lost an additional 11 lbs over the next 26 days for a total loss of 26 lbs in 40 days. Am not weighing myself daily as invariably, it has an adverse impact on my mood.

In late Nov 2012 I quit smoking and gained 50 lbs over the next 14 months. So on Jan 8th this year I decided to start a LCHF / Ketogenic way of eating!

My MFP is open to any MFP friend.... feel free to add me. You are welcome to join our small, facebook support group of a few dozen peeps eating Keto / LCHF at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/doingfit/

cheers and Keto On!
  • sandst101
    sandst101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I, too, need to have some accountability in order to get results. I can't rely on myself. I need to lose about 20 pounds and would like to do it before June. Feel free to add me as well!
  • Trishskee
    Trishskee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm pretty active on here and love showing support to anyone trying to achieve a healthier lifestyle!
  • almx00
    almx00 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me !
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hi good luck feel free to add for support
  • RedJuliet
    Options
    It's so easy to fall off the bandwagon. But I learned from some past mistakes and know how to avoid them now, so this time I'm going to push myself into getting healthy just for me. Anyway, favorite kind of cardio is the elliptical for me, but since I don't have a gym membership I like to walk the beach. I also really love resistance bands, they're so cheap and do such amazing things for your arms and legs!
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Im always looking for motivational buddies and share some motivation as well :) Add me
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you like.. right now i'm in the maintaining mode but always here to encourage
  • MalS31
    Options
    I just joined! Looking for motivation and support! :) Add me if you don't mind near-daily check-ins for accountability!
    Having someone definitely helps me stay on track.
  • joepft
    joepft Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • Enid_Coleslaw
    Enid_Coleslaw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I like the idea of competition ;) What do you have in mind?
  • bookcase101
    bookcase101 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm new to the boards to but not MFP. I keep starting and then for one reason or another I stop. Anyway, I'm determined to stick to it this time and try and get more exercise. Thank for recommending fitness nerds, I've also joined.