I'm back again...

Options
So this is an introduction and it isn't. Anyway, I have always fluctuated with my weight and in 2012 I lost about 30 pounds and all was well in the world. Well, I changed careers, which I absolutely love, but the job is sedentary in nature and I travel an hour each way. The gym time that I loved so much is a thing of the past. (See profile pic). Anyway, the point is, I am back and now I have 40 pounds to lose. I'm trying to work in my exercise and control my compulsive eating habits (I'm pretty sure I fall into the sugar addict category). My goal is to pretty much look close to my profile pic. I should add that I'm 45, so I'm not sure if my age has anything to do with it as well. I'm looking for a group to join for support with similar people. I'm ready to get rid of this extra weight and hopefully not have it creep back.

Replies

• Polda2010
    Polda2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome back . I'm 45 my self and I decided to do South Beach with Atkins tweaking here and there. I also do 35 to 40 minutes of cardio 5 days with a streatching routine. I hope I can be of support for you. I log every day and always have room to listen-cheer friends.:flowerforyou:
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I am 54 so I don't think age has anything to do with weight loss and motivation. I lost the weight, maintained for a year and stopped being diligent in logging and voila, now find 10 extra lbs!! I re-committed by deleting my profile and re-joining!! I am back to what worked for me in first place. I weigh myself every day. I know this is controversial as u have to be able to accept a 2-3 lb increase following your plan. I log food, exercise and read these motivational posts every day. Sometimes a bunch of times a day when feeling week!!!

Remember the reason u r doing this!!!
  • CitiZoo
    CitiZoo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, I think a lot of us seem to experience the same problem. Loosing weight is the easy part, a little exercise, following some kind of healthy diet, not overdoing it on sweets or snack foods, (in my case, peanut butter), and just being health conscious. However keeping it off, now that is where it gets hard. We loose the weight and feel good about ourselves,:happy: as you say, "all is happy with the world". And then we relax, eat the things that taste good or start ignoring portion control, packing on the calories and weight:sad: Then before we know it..........:grumble:
    Good luck with your journey, feel free to add me...the more the merrier.
  • sonyapowell
    sonyapowell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hi, feel free to friend me. I am going to be 52 soon. I have waxed and waned over the years and since HS I have always leaned towards a low carb/Atkins type diet. I have tried vegetarian diet in the past usually in the spring and I don't make it long. This year I started the Daniel fast with my church on Feb 3rd. My body IS responding VERY well to this. I have rheumatoid arthritis, IBS, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and more. My numbers are better than they have been in 17 years. I am very thankful. The weight is coming off and I my new found energy has helped me to "move it, move it" I am even beating my daughter's at some of the just dance 4 sets. Best wishes on your journey!
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome back . I'm 45 my self and I decided to do South Beach with Atkins tweaking here and there. I also do 35 to 40 minutes of cardio 5 days with a streatching routine. I hope I can be of support for you. I log every day and always have room to listen-cheer friends.:flowerforyou:
    [/quote

Thanks. I added you. I haven't really gotten anything formal going yet. I know I will have a week of sugar detox, and after that I won't miss it. I guess it's sad when you know how to lose weight but you can't keep it off. That is sooo me. You seem to be doing really well. Congratulations on your progress!
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: welcome back. Best wishes along ur journey. Did it once u can do it again! This time with more knowledge. Ready, set...go!! The exercising will come. Life isn't always easy 4 us. But hang n there, hold on n do the best u can. I log daily n my diary is open.