Low calorie meals!

Options
Hey! Has anybody got any tasty home made meals and any packed lunches, breakfasts... that are all under 400 calories? Thanks!

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Stir fries, omelettes with vegetables, stews with lots of vegetables and little oil, soups.
  • mbanister1
    mbanister1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love homemade tostadas. About 120 calories each and two is definitely filling. I use 93/7 ground beef, fat free cheese and lettuce. Yes the ground beef is fried but it's extremely lean absolutely no grease.

1 tostada (53 calories)
    1 ounce seasoned (fried) ground beef (42 calories)
    14 grams fat free cheese (22 calories)
    Put in microwave until cheese melts
    Then add lots of lettuce
    I use fresh avocado on it sometimes too- super low cal and good fat
  • ayumi_
    ayumi_ Posts: 50
    Options
    Anything you would eat regularly, in a small enough portion that would be 400 calories.
  • Stitch_down_carbs
    Stitch_down_carbs Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I find making meals using fish or chicken easy to keep around 400 calories
  • AB1137
    Options
    I've been enjoying refrigerator oatmeal as a filling 150 calorie breakfast. The full recipe is 1/2 cup quick oats, 1/2 cup 0% vanilla greek yogurt and 1/3 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk). Mix together. This makes 2 servings. I put 1/4 cup frozen fruit in the bottom of a container with half of the mixture on top and then leave it in the fridge overnight.

Also, I've done crockpot chili, chicken and quinoa salad and black beans over basmati rice as easy lunches. The are all between 300-350 and the chili and beans freeze well so you can make ahead.
  • madDino27
    madDino27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is Oatmeal Pancakes. 1 packet of flavored oat meal (Cinnamon Roll is my fav), 1 large egg, a touch of milk to thin it down. Cook it up on the stove. Eat with berries and a cup of milk.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is Oatmeal Pancakes. 1 packet of flavored oat meal (Cinnamon Roll is my fav), 1 large egg, a touch of milk to thin it down. Cook it up on the stove. Eat with berries and a cup of milk.
    Sounds great and perfect for when I'm craving a pancake. Sounds like something for tomorrow actually....
  • MarKayDee
    Options
    I make a mushroom risotto that is around 179calories per person, which I usually pair with two cups of asparagus and a roasted boneless skin on chicken thigh.
  • bjm223
    bjm223 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is spaghetti with spaghetti squash instead of noodles. You could have a large portion for under 400 calories
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    if you search on amazon there are cook books for meals that are 400 cals or less!
  • mbanister1
    mbanister1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I rarely have a meal over 400 calories unless we go out to lunch or dinner somewhere.