Anyone else exercise a ton, but eat way too much?

Options
Hi everyone!

Just wondering if there is anyone out there like me. I exercise every day and walk a lot. Staying active is not a problem. Portion control is, however. I am one of those people that gives themselves a free pass on food because I exercise. Then, I get frustrated because I work out all the time, but it doesn't show. :) Anyone else do the same?

Warm regards, Ben

Replies

• 1merrie1
    1merrie1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried to do the same thing for years, then realized I will never lose weight that way! I can ruin my days weight loss effort with just 10 minutes of crazy eating, or one really bad choice! A whole days work in the toilet, so I don't make the excuse of oh, I deserve this because I exercised so hard, NO! I deserve to make my dreams come true through hard work, or I'll die fat. My problem isn't wrong foods either, it's too much emotional eating, or letting myself get too hungry. I have to have a plan, and prepare food ahead of time. It's my job to be my own personal trainer, and put effort into this goal.
  • starrymela
    starrymela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

I have been doing that for years. I really love working out. I love to dance. I try to do a 5k every few months. Hot yoga is therapeutic for me. Food is too, though. So, that is where my issue is coming in. I am also really busy during the day so when I finally get a chance to eat I'm starving and overdo it.

I downloaded the app for my fitnesspal on my phone, and have really been trying to stick to the calorie goals over the past few weeks. I always have a healthy snack within my reach like a yogurt, banana, apple, or a serving of trail mix. I am pretty new to this whole site, but so far it's been keeping me honest. I signed up in September, but only started using it a few weeks ago and I've lost 4.5 pounds so far. It's not much, but it's a start. I really hope this sticks :)
  • elbenja3
    Options
    I can ruin my diet also in about 10 minutes of crazy eating. My weakness is pizza - I love it!
  • elbenja3
    Options
    I really hope this works as well. I also put on 10 pounds just like clockwork every winter. Congrats on losing the weight so far!
    Hi guys,

I have been doing that for years. I really love working out. I love to dance. I try to do a 5k every few months. Hot yoga is therapeutic for me. Food is too, though. So, that is where my issue is coming in. I am also really busy during the day so when I finally get a chance to eat I'm starving and overdo it.

I downloaded the app for my fitnesspal on my phone, and have really been trying to stick to the calorie goals over the past few weeks. I always have a healthy snack within my reach like a yogurt, banana, apple, or a serving of trail mix. I am pretty new to this whole site, but so far it's been keeping me honest. I signed up in September, but only started using it a few weeks ago and I've lost 4.5 pounds so far. It's not much, but it's a start. I really hope this sticks :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,248 Member
    Options
    That is what tools like this site are for. Exercise will not take weight off if the calories are not controlled, as you can eat thousands of calories in the time it takes to burn a few hundred.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Me too Ben. But I learned that diet is 80% of fitness. I started eating right 15 days ago and because I always walked at least 2.6 daily daily I lost 7 pounds. You can too!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Why doesn't your photo show your face?
  • elbenja3
    Options
    Yes, I heard about the 80/20 ratio and that is certainly why I came on here! :) I am glad you mentioned it and I appreciate your support. I need it.