One Year Later......

Options
Well I started on my health/fitness journey on February 24, 2013 in the hopes of losing weight, getting off my medications and changing my health for the better. I started going to the gym the first week of March, started an outdoor fitness program through a trainer friend 3 days a week the first week of April, and started a new gym that is geared for so much including body building and transformation the first of October.

I was on 8 meds (5 for diabetes, 2 for HBP and 1 for cholesterol) and my BP was usually anywhere from 140-148/90-110 and for the first time my BP is now 110/76 and am off all meds but 1/2 of the one BP pill which may be gone soon. I started out at 262 lbs and am now down to 169.6 and am down 92.4 lbs in a year (minus one day). I was hoping to hit 100 by the year anniversary but my body has been at a plateau since January 21st and finally got over the hump this week.

I go to the gym 6-7 days a week, doing boot camp 4 days and strength training/cardio/weights (working with a trainer now on a routine) the off days and go Mon-Fri in the am for about 30-40 of strictly cardio before work. I've made drastic changes to my diet cutting out ALL red meat only eating fish, chicken or turkey and lots of veggies and some fruits. I weigh and measure everything to be sure I'm getting enough protein and eat 5-6 small meals every day that always have a protein and veggie, only eating carbs for breakfast and for my preworkout meal.

I have gone from a BMI of 36.9 down to 25 and my body fat has gone from 35% down to 22%, went from a size 26 down to a size 12. I'm looking forward to what this next year will bring. I have lots of small goals to set but feel fantastic about where I am now compared to where I was.

Replies

• synnglemommm
    synnglemommm Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was trying to insert the pic of my transformation, but I don't know how to show it, it shows a pic from Feb 2013, Oct 2013 and theny yesterday, but it is under my pictures, if anyone knows how to insert a pic please let me know.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    WTG! RESPECT!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Incredible work!! Well done!!
  • lynxoid
    Options
    Great work on living a healthier lifestyle!
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, and way to go with the health benefits! :flowerforyou:
  • serenefractal
    serenefractal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your hard work and committment paying off! You are an inspiration for me, because I just started my journey last week.
  • crisbia74
    crisbia74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, well done!
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    40618840_6099.jpg

Here's a larger version of the pic from your profile.

Great job, by the way! ????
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    You deserve to feel so proud. What am amazing job you've done.
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job, well done.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done!
  • fast_stacie
    fast_stacie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Way to stick to it!
  • Liliansamata
    Liliansamata Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your transformation. You have been inspirational!!
  • synnglemommm
    Options
    It's a hard journey to change your lifestyle, but the benefits FAR outweight. Good luck to you, feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. Just remember, you can do it. Don't EVER give up, is what I always say, even when you have a bad day or you plateau, just keep working hard, you can overcome anything.
  • synnglemommm
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) and the pic I wanted to share was the one on my profile that is 3 pics of the front of me.

It's been hard, lots of grunts and groans, pains and gains, frustrations and celebrations, but in the end I feel better and will continue on this journey. I now have higher goals and am going to work on them to reach them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!