Sleep and weight lass

Options
I am new to this forum and recently purchased the fitbit one. I knew I was not sleeping well, but am shocked to see just how little sleep I am getting. I feel exhausted many days, though I keep on keeping on. I am though menapuase for 10 years. I have lost about 42 pounds over two years, but met a plateau since May. I suspect, the plateau may be related to lack of sleep. Any suggestions for what might be helpful in terms of diet to get better sleep. I am putting on between 7,000-10.000 step most days. Help!

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Strength training has really helped my sleep. I am sleeping deeper and longer than before.
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about diet suggestions, but one thing that has helped me a lot is Melatonin.
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have had insomnia for about 15 years now and 2 years ago I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Both my doctor and I were very surprised because I don't fit the typical stereotype for apnea. I began using the CPAP and even though I truly dislike using it, it has really helped. I still use a sleep aid, but lack of sleep was taking its toll and something had to give. A visit to the doctor might be necessary. Good luck!