Apple Cider Vinegar Diet

Options

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I've been reading about how healthy it is, and how many benefits ACV has, and so I've been adding 2 tablespoons to my fruit protein shakes in the morning. I've noticed that it definitely suppresses my appetite, and I don't tend to crave sugar like I normally do (an AMAZING side effect).

That's a lot all at once - is your tablespoon 15mL or 20mL?
    I think you are meant to take 3 tsp before meals - 3tsp = 15mL (Edit- Just read some suggest 2 tablespoons before meals)
    I think it helps with blood sugar control.
    Also saw it used in the fat flush plan for cellulite.
    Drink through straw if concerned about enamel.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    There are lots of benifits of vinagar. My daughter does it in the form of pickle juice, her preferance. I do not do shots etc. I make a few salads, using the veggies out of my garden. I add a bit of sugar and water to tone down the sour. I would not do this use this for a diet, my mom tried it years and years ago, it worked as long as she did it. When she stopped using it, the weight came back.
    I believe what works is changing and improving your eatting habits, taking on the new ones for good.

I hope Im right, as that is my plan.
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    GNC has apple cider vinegar pills that i take on a daily basis and it def works and doesnt taste as bad as having to swallow the liquid :)
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 tablespoons with an 8 ounce cup of grapefruit and has worked for me! Helps flatten my belly (Well of course making healthy food choices, drinking plenty of water & working out is Key as well.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 tablespoons with an 8 ounce cup of grapefruit and has worked for me! Helps flatten my belly

How does it help flatten the belly? Or are you just saying it seemed to help with weight loss?
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Apple Cider Vinegar Diet? I've been doing a lot of research and since I'm healthy, I figure I could try it. There's a lot of positive feedback on its helpfulness to lose weight, as well as other health benefits. The only thing is, though, that it tastes absolutely disgusting. I've been mixing it with honey and its barely drinkable. Hopefully my taste for it improves in the next few days. Any thoughts? :)

Just no. Stop it. No.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 tablespoons with an 8 ounce cup of grapefruit and has worked for me! Helps flatten my belly

How does it help flatten the belly? Or are you just saying it seemed to help with weight loss?

Snake oiiiiiilllll
  • writinwater
    Options
    I have the worse memories of apple cider vinegar!!

When we were on holiday when I was a teenager, my mum and I got sick, and her ACV extremist friend convinced my mother that we didn't need to see a doctor, that ACV would cure all our ailments. That witch made me drink a freaking cup of it every morning and every night! *blerk*

Fast forward a week and we had to stop our road trip to go to hospital with severe bronchitis!

Needless to say, I will never drink that **** ever again, regardless of the weightloss "benefits" (No offence to the sensible ACV lovers - If it's working for you, power to ya!).

I am also really cautious of very acidic things, after a friend of mine went overboard on one of those godaweful lemon detox "diets" and has permanently damaged her stomach.

However, I will say that ACV does make an awesome hair rinse treatment - even if the smell does make me gag! ;)
  • romabennett
    Options
    I use apple cider vinegar and a little oil to make a really nice salad dressing.
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I use apple cider vinegar and a little oil to make a really nice salad dressing.
    ^This!! However, I prefer red wine vinegar! I'm finding it interesting that some people have said that they had great success losing weight with ACV, along with some exercise and cutting back on their calories! Well, duh! I've had success eating 100 calories of jelly beans a day and keeping my "food" calories at about 1,300 calories and taking a half hour walk or a good swim 3-4 days a week. Sorry, I don't mean to be snarky, but I've been up since 5-ish and haven't had my coffee yet.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    People are referring to the "mother" in connection with Apple Cider Vinegar. What is the mother!?
    Its the brand. The Actual brand is Braggs Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar With The Mother.
    lolwut

The mother of vinegar refers to the bacteria that is used to create vinegar.
  • ameliasnelling
    Options
    Diets don't work. Lifestyle change does. If you're not willing to do a diet plan for the rest of your life, then it's a temporary fix.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

For the record, I have changed my lifestyle and have lost 40 pounds . I exercise regularly, eat right, take my multivitamin, I just can't get off the last 10 pounds. I have tried eating a little less calories and exercising more, but my weight will not change so I need a little boost. I have always had a very healthy lifestyle, but after having 2 kids and having preeclampsia twice and being on bed rest for months, some weight got put on and now I'm struggling to get it off.
  • clozer2thezun
    Options
    I recently tried this and I agree, I wouldn't call this a diet. It's a drink that goes with your food. My hubby and I tried this a few weeks ago. We soon forgot about it until a week passed and I noticed that I was actually feeling more bloated and more of that uncomfortable fullness. I missed how I felt when I drank the vinegar water. So, I'm back to drinking it and have developed a taste for it. That is, I enjoy and look forward to drinking it. I'm a weird one, I know. But I really like the tingy-tangy mouth puckering sensation. I drink one tablespoon with a little more than a cup of refrigerated water. Perhaps, that's the key. The cold water; makes the vinegar cold and for whatever reason, this drink has become sort of refreshing. Whatever the case, I feel better. I don't know what benefits if any at all this will bring other than just feeling so much better.
  • Frelling_Tralk
    Frelling_Tralk Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I tried that once and it made me gag. It tasted vile and there were all bits floating in the glass. I could have assurances that it would help me lose a pound a day, and I still would never drink vinegar from a glass again!
  • ang4huskers
    Options
    add 1 cup of orange juice and it doesn't taste bad
  • Harley_Mama
    Harley_Mama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I mix the apple cider vinegar with vegetable juice like regular or spicy V-8 and it makes it easier to swallow by masking the the sour taste.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mamacoates
    mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Started reading your post and came across this video clip which seems to indicate positive health benefits when used in moderation for dietary supplementation: http://www.livestrong.com/video/1007558-health-benefits-apple-cider-vinegar-olive-oil/. Both acv and olive oil appear to have a lot of valuable micronutrients.

But in other readings, info seemed to indicate large amounts of acv may have unintended adverse effects to the body. Like anything, moderation seems to be the golden key.

If you are having trouble losing those last few lbs., maybe try taking a break and then coming back with a vengeance. LOL. What I mean by this is try maintenance for a month or two then come back with an updated exercise routine. (Research "re-feeding" and "de-loading"). Sometimes that is a very effective way to break the plateau. I am seeing a pattern in my own weight loss where I have to do this about every three months to keep making forward progress.

Hope this info is helpful.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    "one ingredient" diets are never a good thing
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I couldn't choke it down so I bought the pill version instead. I haven't noticed any changes with it.