Anyone not weighing themselves daily want to connect?

Options
I've recently realized the daily water fluctuations are making me crazy, and am going to try weighing myself two weeks from now. It is a struggle, but for the best, otherwise I get a bit obsessive with the number on the scale.

I'd love to connect with others who don't hop on the scale daily, or are trying to make an effort not to.

Anyone up for a new friend? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling, I try to stick to once a week, occasionally twice about halfway through but I find I have to keep telling myself to wait until weigh in day or else I start wanting to check every day, I don't want to get too obsessive. I think once a week is a good amount, and once every two weeks or once a month would be good too but maybe not at the start of trying to lose weight (at least for me) in case I start slacking on my eating well. If I check in every week it's enough to keep my eye on the ball.
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of my 75 day challenge! You should join me and I'd love to connect!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1208372-no-scale-challenge-75-days
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I used to check every single day, and it was starting to make me feel really discouraged whenever I made no progress. I have a strict time to only weigh in on Wednesdays now, and I've managed to keep up with it really well. It's always so tempting to peek, but I love the wait sometimes. :)
  • jammallnyte
    jammallnyte Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my weigh day. No more than that. Also, I measure once a month(the last sunday of each month)
  • charlisobel
    charlisobel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my weigh day. No more than that. Also, I measure once a month(the last sunday of each month)

Jinx! Me too.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    gosh i weighted every day morning and night for a friends article and fluctuated by up to 4lbs more at that tiimeof the month and if i had worked out to the point of DOMS.

now i weigh max 1x week normally less

Id definatlely say weigh less unless you are trying to track the effects of something (intolerance, water consumption)
  • missbirrell
    Options
    Add me?
    I am trying to wean myself off of weighing every day because I get obsessed, so help would be appreciated. :)
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'll join you too. I don't have any scales so can't weigh myself daily. I'm planning on getting weighed once a week if I can get to the local town.
  • acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I weight myself once a weak. Tuesdays in the morning. In order to see some progress and keep motivated. If you do it Daily, progress will be shown like in decimals, and that is BS.
  • WideAsleepMom
    Options
    I don't weigh daily either. I find it disappointing when nothing has changed so I'm going to try once a week. Feel free to add me.
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I used to do it once a week but now its everyday. It works for me, I feel more in control.
  • maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I deliberately don't have a scale as I was becoming too obsessive over scale weight so I don't weigh myself at all. Only times I weigh myself is at a friend's house whom I visit occasionally. Really works for me.
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself monthly for this reason - so I don't focus on the weight and instead focus on my health.
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I only tend to weigh myself once a week or once every 2 weeks depending. Mostly because I forget, although tbh after being obsessed with it, it's much better this way ;) Feel free to add me!