So after dropping 115 pounds I ran my first 5K

Options
So after dropping 115 pounds I ran my first 5K. Any other runners out there? This is something I never thought I would or could do but am really starting to enjoy.

Replies

• MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Amazing work on both the weight loss and running. I ran my first 5k less then a year ago and am currently training for my first half marathon!
  • 135OHK
    135OHK Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're looking much healthier and I'm sure you're feeling much better about yourself. That's the important thing. I used to run, but due to health issues I can't anymore. I wish I could, I always enjoyed it!
  • Candiij
    Candiij Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is one of my goals. I really want to do the zombie 5k, that I've heard about, but that is some ways off. :smile:
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Terrific! That's a great accomplishment!

I started running as I lost weight, too. Yes, I hated it when I was younger, but I love it now.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner, yet. I would love to be!

I'd like to get to about 160 before I consider anything major though. For now, I'm working on walking and slow jogs on the treadmill. I've always wanted to run!
  • Aqua1813
    Aqua1813 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I did my first 5k after losing 50 lbs (I think). I did my first half marathon after hitting my goal weight/losing 80 lbs. I am now training for my first marathon.

Running is a sport not only dependent on your physical ability but also your mental ability. You have to believe you can do it before you actually can.

You obviously can. :)
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! 40 + lbs ago I couldn't run a full minute! Last year I had to quit a 10k race training due to medical issues ( exercise induced asthma) this year I have it under control and am working at a 1/2 marathon. ( slowly because its hella cold and I have till September)

Add me if you'd like! Congrats on all the hard work!.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Yay! Impressive work!!:bigsmile:
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I found after I dropped some extra weight I started to love running. Now I am addicted to races and can't wait to run my next one!
  • derkin2005
    derkin2005 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Amazing work on both the weight loss and running. I ran my first 5k less then a year ago and am currently training for my first half marathon!
    great job
  • derkin2005
    Options
    I found after I dropped some extra weight I started to love running. Now I am addicted to races and can't wait to run my next one!
    I understand completely :)
  • derkin2005
    Options
    Congrats! I did my first 5k after losing 50 lbs (I think). I did my first half marathon after hitting my goal weight/losing 80 lbs. I am now training for my first marathon.

Running is a sport not only dependent on your physical ability but also your mental ability. You have to believe you can do it before you actually can.

You obviously can. :)
    [/quote That is super impressive, and thank you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!