DESSERT! Cherry/strawberry cheesecake

Options
missblissspa
missblissspa Posts: 26 Member
Well...almost cheesecake...
I buy
1 box of white chocolate sugar free jello
1 box cheesecake sugar free jello
1 jar of cherries/or fresh strawberries (I prefer cherry)
1 half gallon of skim milk (don't try almond milk, it comes out very soupy!) Use recommended amount. I use 3 cups to make it more thick, like cheesecake

I dump both packages of sugar free jello into my vitamix (you can use food processor, or by hand) and add milk, it blends for about two minutes then I put in a container. When I'm ready to eat I put some in a bowl, add cherries and a splash of cherry juice and ENJOY! The serving sizes are big, but there is 70 calories per 8 grams or 1/4 of 1 package. No fat and 6 carbs. The cherries are 7 calories and 2 carbs per cherry, I put 2-3 cherries in and a splash of the syrup....and it is TASTY!

Replies

• mcmimi
    mcmimi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yummy
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Jello or pudding mix?
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    ... or how about eating the real stuff, making it fit your macros and plan the rest of your day / calories accordingly?
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    sounds good.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Have to do this.. Thanks so much.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Posters often complain about criticism of their fake food recipes, but there would be much less of it if there were fewer B.S. topic titles like this. Just say "Jello recipe" rather than cheesecake. This sounds gross to me but whatever floats your boat.
  • missblissspa
    Options
    the pudding mix! sorry
  • missblissspa
    Options
    The real stuff is 1,000 calories and 80 carbs... I highly suggest not eating the real stuff abadvat. Eating the real stuff is why most of us here! I'm on an 800 calorie a day diet so if I ate the real stuff I couldn't eat for the rest of the day and have to work off 200 calories at the gym!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    ... or how about eating the real stuff, making it fit your macros and plan the rest of your day / calories accordingly?

I would make is because it's so easy and sounds yummy :smile:
  • missblissspa
    Options
    Seriously if you have nothing nice to say go take our your anger at the gym instead of trying to harass people who are positively working for their goal. Wait loss is frustrating enough, if you don't like the idea don't try it. But if you haven't tried it don't tell me or other people it sounds gross. I've been dieting for 3 months and lost 25 pounds so be nasty all you want, what I have been doing is WORKING for me :)
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I would try it, but use chocolate instead. I hateee the cheesecake pudding mix. It tastes funky, but the chocolate with some strawberries, that sounds good!!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options

Your comment is very rude .If you don't care for this recipe, just don't make it and stay away from this thread. OP may have to control her sugar intake, so this is a better choice than a sugar and calorie dense cheese cake.
  • missblissspa
    Options
    I would try it, but use chocolate instead. I hateee the cheesecake pudding mix. It tastes funky, but the chocolate with some strawberries, that sounds good!!

I have not tried the cheesecake flavor alone, I mix everything lol! I have tried white chocolate alone and it's good! I will try with chocolate too, I tried chocolate fudge and it was good, and the pistachio was ok. Another thing I like to do is get peach and strawberry sugar free jello and the no sugar added fruit cocktail by del monte :) the fruit cocktail is 80 calories for the whole 14.5oz can and 10 carbs, the jello is 40 calories for 1 whole box and 0 carbs. I'd say each serving is 24 calories and 3.3 carbs! I make the jello in layers too so I make one package with the juice from the can instead of water (adds extra flavor), add half the can of fruit, let it refrigerate then do the same for the next layer. Perfect night snack to keep me away from the husbands junk food!
  • missblissspa
    Options

Your comment is very rude .If you don't care for this recipe, just don't make it and stay away from this thread. OP may have to control her sugar intake, so this is a better choice than a sugar and calorie dense cheese cake.

You all are inspiring and keep up the positive attitudes, we all could give each other the boost we need :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Posters often complain about criticism of their fake food recipes, but there would be much less of it if there were fewer B.S. topic titles like this. Just say "Jello recipe" rather than cheesecake. This sounds gross to me but whatever floats your boat.

If you don't like the recipe don't make, but to call it gross is rude. I consider donuts and fast food gross, but I would never insult anybody that decides to eat that stuff or post pictures.

There are more BS topics in MFP, specially the ones with horny pictures and sexy implications which in my opinion don't belong in a fitness forum, so go ahead and if it floats your boat post in them.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    The real stuff is 1,000 calories and 80 carbs... I highly suggest not eating the real stuff abadvat. Eating the real stuff is why most of us here! I'm on an 800 calorie a day diet so if I ate the real stuff I couldn't eat for the rest of the day and have to work off 200 calories at the gym!

I'm not here to lose weight. When I am losing I just eat less of the things I truly enjoy rather than eating the same anount of substitutes. I love high quality new recipes, so your title suckered me in. If you don't want criticism then don't put up fake thread titles.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I tried this this morning and it is very good. Satisfies that sweet tooth craving. Congrats on your weight loss and keep posting fantastic recipes. Stay positive..don't allow negative people like the earlier poster to bother you. Obviously you are very successful with your plan...
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    bump gotta try this! Thanks for the share!
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good.