HELP ME LOOSE WEIGHT :(

Options
Hello all,
After starting a new business and a new relationship my weight has sky rocketed and i just don't know how to deal with it. I had always been fit ( climber) ; but now with the lifestyle change i weigh 25 lbs more which is crazy for my tiny 5'2" stature. It has been about a month that I have completely changed my lifestyle, cooking at home and eating healthy in general. I also have been breaking quite a bit of sweat running about 5-6 days a week and have incorporated pilates into my routine. I had lost weight once before and i remember it being as easy as loosing 2 lbs a week , but such is not the case right now and can't seem to figure out why. I started the scale with 142lb and didn't loose any for the first two weeks, the third week i was down to 141 and today the fourth week I am up to 144. I do take sundays off and cheat with my diet, but i think i work enough during the weekdays to compensate for the weekend cheats. My bf does say that i look a little better but i personally feel no different.
Has anyone had this experience before?? please share your experience with me and help me stay motivated.
I really wanted to go back to being hot, healthy and happy girl i used to be :(
thank you.

Replies

• lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    have a look at measuremants as well as the number on the scale!

Body fat, waist size,bicel circumference etc,...

I also fimd that depending on TOM my weight naturally fluctuates and day to day varies by 2-3 lb.
    stick at it'll come down.
    Good luck
  • tserine
    tserine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thank you,
    TOM?
  • shelleytrickett
    Options
    Hi hun, I am exactly the same , I have only been on here for a month and am suffering similar weight fluctuations as you, I have read up on it all a little and the TOTM makes a huge difference to the weight loss and water retention,the first couple of weeks water is essential and you will loose some but once the water retention is going it gets harder =( my first week I lost,the second I lost ,the third i gained back to my original weight,then today have managed to loose a lb.my calorie count is always below,I exercise and still not really loosing,its gutting but we are both in the early stages hun, And with you doing a lot of running your body could be holding water or you could easily be putting muscle mass on, take some measurements hun and use those as difference as well.As for the cheating at weekends,just log it anyway,you may be surprised at exactly how much you are cheating.The other thing that may be worth looking at are your graphs,I looked at mine and was pretty shocked that even though my calorie count was lower I have had a day or two where carbs or types of fat are higher.Keep on it hun! Feel free to message or add me :-) xx
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    We can't help you lose weight. You have to do that. We can, however, help you spell LOSE correctly.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I do take sundays off and cheat with my diet, but i think i work enough during the weekdays to compensate for the weekend cheats.

Weigh and log all food you put in your face. Unless you know you have a deficit, you don't KNOW you have a deficit.
    Track your exercise.
  • tserine
    tserine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thank you :)