Shredded Chicken

Options
kpierson1987
kpierson1987 Posts: 33 Member
Ok, I have lots of shredded chicken I pulled off a whole chicken. I am looking for different things to do with it. Today I had some on a salad. I also have cream of chicken soup...what can I do with this?? Ideas please!

Replies

• Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Take a Mission Super Soft tortilla (med size 110 cal.) spread one half with one wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese. I love Queso Fresco and Chipoltle flavor.Gives it just a little bite of spice. Spread other half with ED Smith Peach, Mango and Orange preserves (Costco) or other peach jam. Add shredded chicken and fold over and gobble down. Simply delish and 235 calories.:flowerforyou:
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    chicken enchildas
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Mix it with bbq sauce or buffalo sauce. Plop on some bread with the appropriate cheese.

Chicken salad...
    Make soup...
  • mcmimi
    mcmimi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yum always looking for quick tips
  • jamoore94
    jamoore94 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup
    tortilla soup
    chicken pot pie
    chicken tacos
    chicken pasta
    chicken salad sandwiches
    chicken spinach casserole
    chicken enchiladas
    chicken and wild rice casserole
    I have probably a million more, my boyfriend lives on chicken and never wants the same thing twice in a month.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie Chicken Soup
    http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/02/rotisserie-chicken-soup.html
    Serves 6 to 8

Ingredients

2 Tbsp. olive oil
    1 medium onion, chopped
    3 small carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices or cubes
    3 celery ribs, cut into 1/2 inch slices or cubes
    1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch dice
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 Tbsp. flour
    2 Tbsp. tomato paste
    1 tsp. Herbs de Provence (without lavender)
    1 bay leaf
    2 quarts chicken stock
    1 cup dried small elbow macaroni
    2 cups shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken
    3/4 tsp. kosher salt, or to taste
    1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
    1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes, or to taste
    1 handful parsley, finely chopped

Directions

Place a large pot of water to boil.

Place another soup pot over medium heat and add olive oil. Add the onion, carrots and celery. Cook and stir for about 6 minutes, until the vegetables are softened but not browned. Stir in garlic, tomato paste and flour. Continue to stir and cook until the flour and tomato paste brown a little. Add Herbs de Provence, bay leaf and chicken stock; bring the liquid to a boil. Fold in the chicken, and season with salt, black and red pepper. Continue to simmer on low for 18 minutes while you cook the pasta.

Add elbow macaroni to the boiling water and cook according to package directions. Drain pasta and add to the soup pot. Add chopped parsley and taste for seasoning. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Remove from heat and serve.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Chicken Taco's! Do everything you would do for beef taco's but use chicken instead and I use Romaine leaves as shells or use low carb wraps.

ENJOY! :wink:
  • paperalien
    paperalien Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I cooked a chicken last night and shredded it, today I am going to have a bowl of shredded chicken with Balsamic dressing :)

I love eating chicken on it's own or with dressing.
  • kiki2009
    kiki2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mix some taco seasoning in it...put it on top of a salad with salsa and light sour cream. Delicious healthy taco salad.