5'3.5 Success story! 120.5 lbs!

Options
[img]http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w564/PaigeMeghan/Mobile Uploads/b8730eb1-2293-434c-8a1c-64193a37018b_zps15f68f45.jpg[/img]

At my heaviest I was probably around 155-160 (but who knows for sure? I loathed the scale) I'm now down to 121.5 and I am 5'3.5ish!

I lost the first few pounds during law school when I was too stressed and overworked to eat properly. I then joined WW and learned the meaning of a balanced diet and portion control. I later quit WW and started logging on MFP for the next round of weight loss.

In may of last year, my doctor discovered that I have abnormal cell growth in my breasts indicating signs of "pre breast cancer" -- given that I was only 25 at the time and was also suffering from high cholesterol/blood pressure, I decided to make a pretty drastic change and move to a "Whole foods plant based" (I.e. vegan) diet. I have NEVER FELT BETTER in my entire life. Additionally, i no longer suffer from high cholestorol or high blood pressure and my last mammogram showed no new changes!

I reached 118 pounds before my wedding in October and loved the way I looked and felt. Since then, I've gained back a bit,, but am working hard now to get down to 115 where I plan to maintain!

I also started running and doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred last summer. I still enjoy both and think they both worked to my success.

You guys have inspired me SO MUCH along the way, so I hope to return the favor! You can do it!!!

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    To me, at your current weight in this picture you look wonderful!
  • webutmirrortheworld
    Options
    Congratulations! I am 5'2" and am starting about where you started in weight. I still haven't set my long term goal, just taking it 10 pounds at a time. You look great!
  • paigemeghan
    paigemeghan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    (Deleted. Still learning how to use this app)
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!
  • Stephessor
    Stephessor Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'3.5! My best college weight was 120, but I'm well over that now after two babies and not eating so great. I've been losing steam on my usual health focus, but it's great to see stories like yours to up the interest again--thanks!
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    So tiny! I wanna get down to 123 as an UGW(I think it'd be cool to say I was 1/2 the person I used to be), but looking at your after photo it almost feels incomprehensible that I could ever be that trim. But congrats! You look great and love that necklace!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    good job

plant based diets are great for improving health.

keep up the great work.
  • amyrrich96
    amyrrich96 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is so inspirational to me. I'm 5'2 and I'm currently 150 lbs, working to be 120-125. Thank you so much for posting this. It gives that extra drive that I need to make this dream come true!!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm your height, and I'm about 164 right now. I really don't know if my body would allow me to get down to 120, but I wouldn't mind trying, I think you look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!