75+ Pounds down

Options
My name is Bailee and I am 20 years old.

I began gaining weight in middle school after I was raped and assaulted when leaving my school Valentines Day dance. I turned to food to ease the pain it caused. It was a temporary happiness and much better than the anxiety attacks and nightmares.

Throughout high school I played soccer on our school team. I was good at soccer, but not at running. I could only run for a few minutes before I had to stop. Tryouts consisted of running a 5k the first day and for 4 years I was the last girl to finish, and by a large margin. It was mortifying. I was made fun of and laughed out numerous times by my own teammates and other teams. I hated it, but my mother made me continue to play. (Which I am thankful for now)

For the most part I was in denial about how much I weighed. If a photo was taken of me I would quickly untag myself and tell myself it was just a bad angle. I wore granny panties (how embarrassing) AND spankies everyday under my jeans and one of those tight tank tops that was supposed to make your stomach flat. I was a mess.

The first time I remember weighing myself was after I had started eating healthy with a friend who was trying to lose weight. I had probably already lost some but I weighed in at over 240 pounds. I cried in my bathroom until my mom made me come out. That's when it hit me. I had to do something about it. I began walking in the afternoons around the lake and watching what I ate. I lost 30 pounds in the first 3 months. One day I realized I had ran a 5k around my neighborhood with out stopping, something I couldn't have done 3 months ago. I was hooked. People called me crazy and obsessed for counting my calories and working out as much as I did but I didn't care.

It has been a slow process but it has been worth it. I have stopped and restarted multiple times (Christmas *cough cough*) but I will eventually be where I want to be and that is what matters.

7a0271c9-2a72-4380-a3aa-91eed8c61bb9.jpg

The first photo is from my senior pictures. I cried when we got them back because I looked so fat. The second is from yesterday when I tried on a dress that I didn’t think would fit me, let alone look decent. I am currently 165 and I am 5 foot 5.

Feel free to add me! :smile:

Replies

• ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    your amazing and look fantastic x:smile::smile: :smile:
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! You were cute before but now, wow. You're a true survivor. :flowerforyou:
  • jennicole4
    jennicole4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! What an inspiring story from a stronger - than -she - thought young woman. You look beautiful. God bless!
  • b2kelly
    Options
    JESUS :love:
  • bestmeicanbe84
    bestmeicanbe84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    STUNNING!!!! 165 looks good on you!
  • Armagan123
    Armagan123 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look great! You have done a fantastic job! Keep on taking good care of yourself.
  • farniente8
    farniente8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Thank you for sharing your story.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    RESPECT!
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Great job, girl, you look gorgeous!
  • Xwardian
    Xwardian Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome...
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    beautiful congrats on your loss
  • Lmsciera22
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great job! Thank you for sharing your story and being an inspiration for us on here!
  • 120byfall
    Options
    Our stories are so similar it's not even funny. I'm 18 and 5'4" and I weighed in at right around 260 at the beginning of this year. I'm down 15 pounds so far and hoping to get about to where you are right now! Thank you so much for sharing your story and congrats on your huge success!!
  • anallydiaz
    anallydiaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. Congratulations!!!!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look fantastic!
  • mellylq
    mellylq Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am a middle school teacher and a parent of 2 girls - pre-teen and teen...and I want to tell you that I could barely get through your story without crying. Look in the mirror. You are the definition of strength and beauty, and you will only become stronger and more beautiful. God bless you, sweetheart - you are quite an inspiration.
  • baileeadele
    baileeadele Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    STUNNING!!!! 165 looks good on you!

Thank you! I do have a lot of muscle on me. I bet my calves are bigger than most of these body lifters on here :wink:
    But it does go to show that the number on the scale isn't the biggest thing.
  • cfl68
    cfl68 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your journey. Having known ladies close to me deal with some very similar circumstances, I know there are more out there. Hopefully they can see this as support and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Bravo. Be proud.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Well done!
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Doesn't look like you've got much left to lose if any! You deserve to be healthy and happy and its so positive to see someone taking positive action in their lives despite the difficulties you've faced. x.x.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!