Hi. My name is Jean

Options
I was thinking this morning about posting in the success stories thread when I finally hit my goal... but then I thought, "hey, you've never even introduced yourself". So here I am. I've been here since July of last year and have enjoyed learning as much as I can about myself and losing weight.
I live in the south... Tennessee to be exact, and I love it! Any other southern people out there? They say it's harder to lose weight when you live in the south because of all the fried foods, and southern cooking... not sure I believe that 100%. I think it's hard no matter where you live. You just have to do what you have to do.
I am not shy by any means. I believe if you truly want something, you have to work for it. I believe you make time for what is important to you. I work in a psychotherapy office. I am 45. I am, for the most part, a very happy person. I believe happiness is a choice--you just wake up and choose to be happy! I am active and enjoy "wogging" (since my knee prevents me from running). I also go to the gym 4 days a week alternating arms, legs, core and do cardio just about every day. I am about 8 pounds from my "goal" but have recently realized I may never be at my true goal since now it is about toning and getting in the best shape I can. It's not so much about the scale anymore.
Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I am thankful for all the friends I have met on here and look forward to meeting new ones.

Replies

• healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump because I think this got lost in all the other posts posted about the same time.... either that or no one wants to be my friend... am an awesome friend, so I have a hard time believing that is it. Any who, hope this gets seen by someone this time.
  • 55romaine
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss it is a real achievement. I have added you.
  • healthyplans
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss it is a real achievement. I have added you.
    Thank you.
  • OhioTallGuy
    Options
    Well had I seen this in when you posted it I sure would have commented and congratulated you! In many dif ways!
  • healthyplans
    Options
    Well had I seen this in when you posted it I sure would have commented and congratulated you! In many dif ways!

Yeah... it got lost in the interwebz... lol but you saw it now that's all that really matters.
  • walk757
    walk757 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!
  • CourtneyK8586
    CourtneyK8586 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Courtney. :) Congrats to you!! I'm a LONG way from where I wanna be but I'm working on it. I'll add u. I like friends. :)
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    95lbs!!! Outstanding. Congrats!!