england - uk

Options
Hi anyone from north-east England ?? looking for more friends and would be nice to have someone in the same area :D

Replies

• tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi Katy, i'm from West Sussex, but I belong to a group that is all UK peeps, here's the link.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/167-team-uk
  • Curlychip
    Curlychip Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm from the NE. Just joined (properly this time):flowerforyou:
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm north east, feel free to add :)
  • hellsbells3272
    hellsbells3272 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm North-East-ish - Yorkshire - on the coast
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hi anyone from north-east England ?? looking for more friends and would be nice to have someone in the same area :D
    I thought the whole point of the Internet was that you don't need to live in the same area to communicate. Or have I missed something here?
  • katy_jane_2013
    Options
    I thought the whole point of the Internet was that you don't need to live in the same area to communicate. Or have I missed something here?

indeed you can and I have friends from all over just curious really :D
  • hellsbells3272
    hellsbells3272 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    yes indeed, the availability of resources in our area might be unique to us! We can recommend things from shops/markets to gyms/walking routes :) Definitely useful
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Chesterfield here
  • PositiveAngel
    Options
    Wales here - please feel free to add - currently having problems with night binges could do with any advice, help and tips!
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Wales here - please feel free to add - currently having problems with night binges could do with any advice, help and tips!

hello, just checked your diary for a few days and just by that i am seeing that you are eating less protein, if you can put your stats maybe people can recommend a good macronutrient split you can follow, 40-40-20 is a good start but you have to really know your TDEE and this is a moving target, for example a male 170 lbs and wants to lose 20 lbs of bodyfat he's intake would be

170 lbs x 14 calories = 2380 calories per day intake of which
    40 percent goes to protein = 952 calories / 4 calories = 238 grams per day
    40 percent goes to carbs = 952 calories/ 4 = 238 grams per day
    20 percent goes to fats = 476 calories / 9 = 53 grams per day

initially you would want to exercise 3 days per week full body workout focusing on proper form and tempo progressing each week. RECORD weight used, repitition, rest periods and progress as your strenght improves

i probably would start of a 2 cardio sessions in between so if you are working out mon- wed - fri, cardio tues- thurs. for about 15-20 mins. HIIT including warm-up and cooldown choose an equiptment of your choice elliptical, bike, rowing machine, etc. 5 mins warm-up 30 sec. HIIT, rest, repeat, 5 mins. cooldown

needless to say proper recovery is crucial as well as eating nutritious foods, 8 hours sleep is a good starting point.

lastly understand that this is a journey and not a race which means for the next 6 months, focus on logging your food intake as close as possible to how you planned it, focus on doing your exercise consistently and the rest will fall into place, most people in their quest for fatloss doesnt have patience.... IT IS CRUCIAL for you to GIVE YOURSELF TIME.... if you have 20lbs to lose, you might want to give yourself 20 weeks to do that, slow dieting is the key.... GOODLUCK
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Hampshire, Uk here. So, not your area, but rather Southwest.
    Feel free to add me, anyone who wishes to, bearing in mind I am not really aiming to lose much weight, am more focused on my fitness(love muscle definition), used to have an ED, still struggle with some ED thinking on occasion but am mostly recovered.
  • Susie_1
    Susie_1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Im in Cardiff - adding you now, we can encourage and motivate each other!
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm North East too, feel free to add.
  • PositiveAngel
    Options
    Thanks so much I'm 5'5 and weight 176 pounds which is around 60
    More than I normally weigh!!