Anybody else doesn't weigh themselves?

Options
Due to my past battle with anorexia and bulimia, I don't weigh myself. I'd rather not mesure either...in fears of becoming excessive in my weight loss.

Yet, I find that I sometimes wonder if I'll ever see the rewards of my dieting (4 weeks in at 1250-1300 calories a day).

Am I the only one that doesn't weigh or mesure ? How do you track your weight loss?

Replies

• doubleclick_darling
    Options
    I weigh and measure, but I also have a full-length mirror and a wide variety of clothing sizes. I can see the small changes in my body in my mirror and in how clothes are fitting. For example I've noticed my jeans are looser in my larger/starting sizes and that I'm fitting into a smaller size, or that my calves are thinning a bit since I can zip a pair of boots I bought up higher. I'm starting to do monthly photos to see my difference in sizes so I can look back and forth between previous picture days and I like to try on the next smaller size to see if I'm getting there (usually when my current size is falling off me).

Not directly weight loss, but I've also found myself measuring other things. For example, I'm walking farther, I'm starting to jog, I can push myself more through bodyweight exercises, my knees aren't bothering me as much, etc.
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself anymore, I don't track my food, I don't measure. All of these cause me to obsess on food and weight loss. I'm not bulimic or anorexic (although I do occasionally binge eat) but I can easily get obssessed with the numbers and the process. I've just decided I have more productive things to be concerned about. As to the second part of your question, "How do you track your loss?" I don't. I'm at a medically normal weight and if I lose that'll be nice but if I don't nothing bad's going to happen.

I do report my exercise here because I like the kudos I get :-)

BTW, since I've stopped logging and weighing I have NOT binged. Not once.
  • maggie735337
    Options
    I have also struggled with anorexia in the past, so I know where you are coming from. First of all, if you stick to your calorie goal, you will definitely lose weight, so don't spend another second worrying about that. Just don't let your calorie intake dip too low (1250 is on the edge). You might want to raise it to 1400 with some light exercise.

You'll see the rewards of your dieting in how your clothes fit. It is nice to see a ticker go down though, so I would suggest weighing, but only one a week. (Weighing every day can not only be discouraging, but it can also foster obsession.) Hope this helps! Good luck, and don't stress too much.
  • beekaki
    Options
    Thank you all for your answers :)
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that doesn't weigh or mesure ? How do you track your weight loss?

I very rarely weight myself, I did this morning for the first time in a couple of months.

That said I can tell you my 5Km time, how my 10Km time is improving, what my average speed is on a recovery run etc.

I'm also aware of the fit of my clothes, but that's more of an intangible. I know which suit is now too big for me, and which one is veering towards too big. Equally the one that in a couple of weeks I should be able to get into.
  • MarKayDee
    Options
    I weigh myself, but I also have this skirt I bought when I first decided to lose weight. It was a size medium, that's what I still think of myself as, I grabbed it off the shelf and bought it without thinking. It was roughly three inches from being able to touch the top of the zipper to itself, I was heart broken. Now once a week or so I put it on to see how much more I can get zipped. I'm almost completely there, just the little bit where there is an extra seam doesn't meet. It's my victory skirt.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I jump on the scale once in a while...as my weight has been stalled for such a long time that no matter I try it won't budge...I just don't want to depress myself anymore...
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm been in maintenance for close to a year now and I'm at a point where I weigh MAYBE once a week and I really have to motivate myself to weigh that often. I'm probably going to stop weighing altogether or drop back to weighing twice a month or something like that. It's not likely to happen, but it would be nice to catch it if I started losing weight due to increased activity or not eating as much as I think. I'd probably be able to tell by the mirror and the fit of my pants if I gained enough weight to have to worry about getting it under control, so I'm not overly concerned about it at this point. There's so much more to this healthy lifestyle than the number on the scale, how you feel about yourself is a hell of a lot more important.