9 really good reasons to eat donuts

Options

Replies

• jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    BTW, I am not surprised nor am I against sugar. It is about ignorance...
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I mean... yeah.... but a 6" subway sandwich also has way more calories and is much more FOOD than a krispy kreme donut...

doesn't really seem like they're going out of their way to compare things of equivalent caloric value... as with everything, it's all about the framing.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I mean... yeah.... but a 6" subway sandwich also has way more calories and is much more FOOD than a krispy kreme donut...

doesn't really seem like they're going out of their way to compare things of equivalent caloric value... as with everything, it's all about the framing.

Yeah. If you have met your nutritional needs for the day (or plan to), a Krispy Kreme isn't a bad choice. If you're consistently choosing a Krispy Kreme donut and not getting adequate nutrition as a result, then it is an issue.
  • cwsreddy
    Options

Yeah. If you have met your nutritional needs for the day (or plan to), a Krispy Kreme isn't a bad choice. If you're consistently choosing a Krispy Kreme donut and not getting adequate nutrition as a result, then it is an issue.
    ^
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,889 Member
    Options
    Don't forget bacon.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRs678PXRfEE9BGFJzj3RyZvUn4KHFHRHRPAecv7kxd1uePSTu-UQ
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

I love Krispy Kreme donuts and I eat them on higher calorie days when I'm doing squats or heavy cardio. On those days, I just need the calories and I get plenty of nutrition from my other foods.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with donuts, but this is the most ridiculous non-logic I have ever heard.

So we should all eat MOAR donuts, just because there are foods out there that are unhealthier/have more sugar?

We should also smoke four packs of cigarettes a day, because hey, it's at least healthier than shooting heroine! :noway:
  • cwsreddy
    Options
    Don't forget bacon.

if you told me that was a disembodied pancreas I'd believe you.

that looks nasty son.
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    But..a Luna bar is going to have more fiber, more vitamins (albeit added in), and more protein than a donut.

A Starbucks latte will have some milk and therefore protein and calcium.

They're not comparable to a donut, IMO. Yes, orange juice has a lot of naturally occurring sugar, but it's also got nutrients a donut just doesn't have.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    Don't forget bacon.

that looks nasty son.

That's the worst photo of a donut bacon burger I think I've seen! I still haven't tried one but would definitely do so on a high calorie day if I could find a place near me that serves them. I have a very fit buddy of mine on FB that posts pics of them at least every month. There is room for these if you are burning plenty of calories and otherwise hitting your macro and micro goals.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,889 Member
    Options
    Don't forget bacon.

that looks nasty son.

That's the worst photo of a donut bacon burger I think I've seen! I still haven't tried one but would definitely do so on a high calorie day if I could find a place near me that serves them. I have a very fit buddy of mine on FB that posts pics of them at least every month. There is room for these if you are burning plenty of calories and otherwise hitting your macro and micro goals.
    Just close your eyes, it's all good.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    Don't forget bacon.

that looks nasty son.

Just close your eyes, it's all good.

Oh, I'm sure it's more than just good! :wink:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I'll just leave this here:

2625223578_fddb78423b_o_zpsc253ccbd.jpg
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If you ate all the foods in column 1, you'd have a nice mixture of nutrients, fiber, protein, and fat. You'd have eaten a variety of foods and be doing well. If you ate all the donuts in column 2, you'd have ... not much.

There's nothing wrong with including donuts in your day. But suggesting you might be better off eating donuts nutritionally than main courses with veggies and protein? Meh.

I miss donuts. The ones I can eat are not even good impostors.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no suggestion in that article that you eat donuts instead of the food listed. Neither did the article compare the nutritional value. But I guess you would have to read it to know that...sigh.
  • cwsreddy
    Options
    There is absolutely no suggestion in that article that you eat donuts instead of the food listed. Neither did the article compare the nutritional value. But I guess you would have to read it to know that...sigh.

k
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Meh, after weeks of eating healthy, I allowed some mini ring doughnuts to slip in yesterday.
    My stomach did not appreciate them later on.
    Just as well I live alone.
    The gas was so potent it could have stripped walls.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The comments section of the article is worse than the daily MFP threads on sugar and/or paleo.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

You took the words out of my mouth.
    The comments section of the article is worse than the daily MFP threads on sugar and/or paleo.
    And so did you.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    You need to compare nutritional value. Cause I could take a ridiculous amount of food that has some carbs in it and compare it to a donut to make... some point.

Here, let me do that for you.
    OMG 1 kilo of broccoli has as much sugar in it as 3 krispy kreme donuts!!! I'll never buy broccoli again!