Elliptical??????

Options
ok so im trying to lose 20kg.... im counting calories and using an elliptical.. So i was just wondering if you guys can tell me for example how much weight you loss using an elliptical, how long did it take? and what else did you do to lose the weight/belly fat besides using an elliptical??????? Thanks:smile:

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Well, you don't lose weight from an elliptical machine. You burn calories. The more you burn the more weight you lose if your calorie intake stays the same.
    So how fast you lose depends on what you eat and how long you are on the elliptical.
    If you want to have healthy weight loss, try 1-2 pounds per week, MFP helps you with that.
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Well, you don't lose weight from an elliptical machine. You burn calories. The more you burn the more weight you lose if your calorie intake stays the same.
    So how fast you lose depends on what you eat and how long you are on the elliptical.
    If you want to have healthy weight loss, try 1-2 pounds per week, MFP helps you with that.
    This! With that said, I love the elliptical. It's my cardio of choice (next to Zumba). I do strength training too so I know that helps.
    When I use it, I do add in my specifics-- age, weight. I also use an interval setting. Just my thoughts...
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens by being at a calorie deficit...that means what and how much you're eating. Exercise of any kind can help you with that, but not as much as you think. Exercise is good for you...by all means do it! But it isn't a magic weight loss miracle all by itself. That happens by how you're eating.
  • ClaudiaKho13
    ClaudiaKho13 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!!!!!!
  • Tyvern
    Tyvern Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I dont see how people do the elliptical, i got on it 1 time for anout 5minutes and hoped off...it put to much pressure on my knees, i dont know if its because im 6'2 or not but can you adjust the machine?
  • ClaudiaKho13
    ClaudiaKho13 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I dont see how people do the elliptical, i got on it 1 time for anout 5minutes and hoped off...it put to much pressure on my knees, i dont know if its because im 6'2 or not but can you adjust the machine?

Some machines allow you to adjust the incline, but at 6'2" I suspect the knee issue you experienced has more to do with the stride length of the machine. Stride length varies from model to model and unfortunately you cannot change that.