New and Determined

Options
Hello all! I'm new to MFP and just wanted to share my story. I'm a 32 year old woman, and I've been obese for almost my entire life. I've had my fair share of weight loss successes, but it always seems to come back to this. I am now at my highest weight I've ever been, and I have to say that I'm ready to change. You would think that I would have learned from my parents' mistakes, but I guess we all have to see the light in our own ways. My dad has been diabetic since 1996 and has had both legs amputated due to complications with his being diabetic. My mom has had over 17 abdominal surgeries that have, in some way, had something to do with her being obese. Well now I'm starting to have the side affects of long term obesity. My blood pressure is high, my blood sugar is high, and my liver function is high. REALITY CHECK!!! I'm so mad at myself for letting it get to this point. So now begins the uphill battle of not just shedding the pounds, but starting a new life. I've been good for almost a week now and that in it's self is a pretty huge deal for me. I'm fortunate enough to be engaged to a wonderful man that loves me despite my flaws and is super supportive (He won't even drink a soda in front of me. What a guy!) If anyone has any advice or encouraging words, I would love to hear from you!. Thanks-JP

Replies

• camsdaddy34
    Options
    I am new here just wanted to say good luck and I hope you achieve everything you set out to do :)
  • JPBallin81
    Options
    Thank you very much! I appreciate that.
  • a2014nolen
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I'm ann I'm now 303 lbs and looking to lose 50 lbs this year. I'd love to be a pal with you. Sorry about all your going through but this is a great step to take you should be proud of yourself. Hope to hear from you soon. Bye.