I want to introduce myself

Options
Hi I have been trying to lose the same 15 pounds for the last 20 years. I lose a pound or so and then gain it back. I just started back up and would actually like to lose this weight once and for all.
My question is this. I am on the 1200 calorie plan. If I exercise regularly am I to eat over the 1200 calories? I still keep my calorie count each day at 1200 - give or take 15.
My other question is if it says to stay at a certain amount of protein per day, am I hurting my weight loss by going over? I usually have a protein shake for breakfast so that takes almost all of the protein allotted for the day.
Thank you for your help.

Replies

• 55romaine
    Options
    Hi as I understand it you should eat back some of the calories you burnt during exercise. The 1200 calories already have a deficit built in so not eating back the calories just increases the deficit and may not be enough nutrition for your activity level as for the protein you need it for muscle maintenance and the allocation on MVP is quite low especially if you exercise. I hope this helps.
  • lajohnson1959
    lajohnson1959 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying. I can't figure these message boards out. I didn't realize anyone responded to my thought.