i havent lost any weight this week :(

emtaha
emtaha Posts: 10
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
i havent lost any weight this week :(
but i have been active and going to the gym. i do both cardio and strength.
i was just wondering is it possible that i havent lost any weight because i have gain muscle from excersizing?

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Try weighing yourself once evey two weeks. thats what I do.

Also, yes, muscle weighs more than fat.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    It takes a while to actually gain muscle, however your muscles are probably storing water. I notice this a lot when I change up my routine, and especially when I first started. Give it some time and it will melt off!
  • change up your routine. that always helps me. whether i dont go to the gym for 2 days or just do strength training instead of cardio. eat something u normally wont eat to "surprise" your body
  • A couple things could be going on here. I am assuming since you are using fitness pal that you are tracking your calories and overeating is not the reason.

What it could be is that you are taking in more salt than usual and therefor your body is retaining water. The other thing is if you are nearing the end of your menstral cycle you could be bloated.

Sometimes your body just respongs wierd. My wife will go a few days without losing any weight and than all of the sudden she will have a big drop of weight overnight.

The building muscle thing could explain it, that is why you should measure your waist and see if that is still shrinking. Afterall a skinnier waist is what most of us want anyway :laugh:

Good luck and most importantly dont give up.
  • emtaha
    i think it is the water retention, well i hope it is. thinking back on what i have been eating, it may have to do with the salt in my foods.
  • emtaha
    thanks sooo much for everyones advise
  • no idea but i cna atest that instend of fussing with the scale look at you for sticking to the gym al week that a goal with in it self so if you haven't done it to yourself here a pat on the back! xoxo also i like to point out it turly take time to build muscle i go to a women gym and like three weeks in their like oh it must be muscle and anyone with common sense know it take time and decation to shred those muscle and build them up.
This discussion has been closed.