Need support

Hi I am new to myfitnesspal. I am an army wife and husband is leaving for a deployment. I am wanting to lose some weight before he comes home to be the beautiful women he met. I am also a girl who needs a push, slap on the hand, and support to get to my goals. So feel free to send me a friends request :)

Replies

• Welcome to MFP! :) What a good place to be.
  • thefitnightowl
    thefitnightowl Posts: 32 Member
    Hey, I sent you a friend request! :)
  • Welcome to myfitnesspal!
    I am new, also!
    I am sure that your husband will be so happy to see you and be home no matter what you weigh......but if you want to get to a new weight for your own health reasons that would be great also! :flowerforyou:
  • dconn3114
    dconn3114 Posts: 37 Member
    I was a Navy wife (well still am but he's out of the Navy now) and understand exactly how you feel. Welcome and start logging! Thank your husband for us for his service and yours, too. It's great but stressful to be a military wife. He will be so excited to see you regardless of your size after deployment but hope you reach your goals!
  • usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Welcome! There's actually a group called "Military Wives" you might want to check out.
  • I would like to have few friends who can keep motivating me towards my goal
  • seashell709
    seashell709 Posts: 123 Member
    Welcome and feel free to add me. I log in everyday and always log my food. Good luck on your goal! :happy:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Welcome!!!
    I'm here daily also.

I'd love to give you a slap once in awhile. ha ha....
    Thanks for being military! Its not an easy life.

Lets get you feeling and looking great while he's gone.
  • Tabbycat54
    Tabbycat54 Posts: 98 Member
    Welcome! I'm on daily and am willing to help :)
  • Hey there! I am new to this too. I'm with you sista'...I'll need a good kick in the pants and slap on the wrist along with you. Daily, I think about what I need to do, but I can't get my thoughts booted into action. Maybe we can support each other?
  • davisbattle
    davisbattle Posts: 2 Member
    Hello Everyone!! This is my second time trying this. I need much support to help me stay consistent with dieting and exercising.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    We all have our reasons for wanting to look/feel better. It's great you want to look good for hubby when he returns, but if you want to really feel great, do it for yourself! Check in here often, log accurately, stay under your allotted calories and and you will see progress. Best of luck to you :)