Someone Who Fell Off The Wagon (21, M)

Options
Hey everyone!

My name is Luke. I'm a 21 y/o male who attempted to use MFP about a year ago but quickly lost focus in it. I didn't really get to utilize it for counting calories, just for exercises. Right now I've been spending time adding in recipes and workout schedules, but I want it to be something that I really stick with.

Right now I'm currently ~230 lbs but I ultimately want to drop to 180. I'm not sure how long it will take, so I've kinda just been going at my own pace. Any progress is still progress to me. I don't know what to gain from posting this, but I just wanted to say hi and seek any advice that anyone may have to offer :] Proud of you all on here, good luck on all of your endeavors!

Replies

• usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey man,

I'm in your boat in terms of weight loss goals (230->180). I've also been on MPF in the past and lost my focus, but getting back on track is the first step. You can see on my profile the goals I've set for myself and how long I hope to take in order to achieve them.

Paul
  • RedheadQuine
    RedheadQuine Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I was a bit like you when I started. I had been a member of MFP for a few years actually and done it off and on, for a day at a time usually, sometimes up to a week (wow!). January last year I got serious about it. Anyway what really kept me going was looking at the Success Stories forum, and trying to find threads by people like me. Same sort of weight loss that I wanted to achieve, that sort of thing. I would do this pretty much every day. Just look through pages and pages of them. It made me so determined because when I looked at the comments from the old threads there were often people who had posted 'hey I have 80lbs to lose too, thanks for posting' - and it was obvious from their profile or ticker that they had given up long ago. I knew that couldn't be me. If I ever wanted to be a success story, I had to stick at it.

Good luck.
  • Strawn21
    Strawn21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much for sharing your stories!

@usafbeach: I can't believe how identical our goals are, that's awesome! I've been roughly using weight over the years just by eating healthier (I originally was 250 before I decided to step it up), and now I'm just doing what I can through exercise and healthy eating to lose weight. Your goals are definitely helpful, thanks for the heads up!

@RedheadQuine: Thanks for that story, and MAJOR props for sticking with it! I love reading success stories from reddit's loseit subreddit. Between that and /r/fitmeals, I've managed to be relatively healthy and stay on track. I think the initial setup for this app is a LOT to take in (recipes, exercises, calorie counting, etc.), but I'm hoping between this and the healthy subreddits, I'll be set for something more permanent :]