Need help losing the last 30-50 lbs, have lost 73 so far.

Options
HI!
First off thanks for reading my post.
I am new to MyFitnessPal and am looking for inspiration and support in losing the last stubborn @ 50 lbs. I have lost quite a bit so far, but seem to have stayed at this weight for way to long.
I have tried to mix it up with hardcore exercise and changing my diet. So far no go.
I am doing boxing, spin, strength and interval running/walking.
I know my diet needs tweaks, but I generally stay within the guidelines set by my doctor of 1200-1500 calories.
Am also a type 1 diabetic.
Looking forward to meeting you and hearing your advice.
Hugs!
Angela
:smile:

Replies

• Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like (others can too). I am 48lbs down another 55 to go still so I maybe around here for a while still :-) I try and be as supportive as possible to my MFP friends (I don't however critique people's food diaries).
    Wishing you all the best in reaching your goals!
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi, like you I have more to go, even after having lost 85 pounds total thus far. It can be daunting to look at the long road ahead and I need all the support I can get. Nearly every day I have to remind myself that it's one day at a time, one food choice at a time and a daily renewal of my commitment.
  • musicgal86
    musicgal86 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    First of all I want to say I think that is awesome that you have already lost 73 pounds!!! That is a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud. Have you considered maybe eating a little bit more. I noticed for me once my metabolism started to pick I need more food to fuel my body. For a while I was eating around 1300 calories and was cranky all the time and having a hard time loosing weight. Once I changed that the weight started to come off
  • tinabanks710
    Options
    Wow awesome achievement, feel free to add me :)
  • snowangel47
    snowangel47 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!
    I have responded individually to each of you, and want to say thanks again for your reply.
    Hugs,
    Angela
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishments in many areas!
  • fitmusiclifeviola
    Options
    Excellent job so far!! That's no small task losing 70+!

One thing I note is that the lighter you are, the less you can eat. So progress will always be slower as you approach your goal. Have faith that eating at a deficit with foods that satisfy your hunger the longest while being as active as you can reasonably sustain is still the best overall strategy.

I'm on maintenance now myself, and found myself as I approached my goal trying to make sure that I gradually left the diet so that the transition was easier, and more sustainable. Like the lifestyle change that everyone here on the site talks about. Still working on learning to do maintenance without tracking, but I bet that goal will take a lot of work to reach!

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor first, but I think you have hit a plateau, and need to reset your metabolism, so to speak. If you get the ok with your doctor, I think you should eat at maintenance for a while, and then try again. I'd say 3-5 weeks of maintenance calories. That's what I've had to do, although now that I'm down to the last 20, my body is completely resisting it! I did maintenance, well actually surplus for a while. Lol. When I started back, I lost 5lb's very easily, and now my body is rebelling again. It happened so quickly, that I really don't want to do maintenance again. I've cut down my calories a bit more, temporarily to see what happens. If I still don't lose, I'll do maintenance again. Good luck! :))) Congratulations on your loss, that is amazing!!! 60lb's here!!! :D
  • angex3333
    angex3333 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    OMG you look fantastic!!!!! You look like you have well and truely transformed yourself - well done :)
  • livehealthier1
    livehealthier1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You have done a terrific job so far ! Please add me also and anyone else. I too am down to the last 30 + to lose and I just changed
    up on everything. I started eating every 2 hours starting at 8am until 8pm ...small meals not snacks not breakfast lunch and dinner.
    Started weight training again intense for 25-30 minutes and of course water water water. I since jumpstarted and lost this week
    its been a while since losing . oh yeah I cut out the wine...yes I do miss it but for now I need to get to goal.
    Good Luck!
  • snowangel47
    snowangel47 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
    Hugs!
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi sent a friend request, down almost 50 trying hard for the last 20-30lbs so I'm scouting MPF for friends! Great job on your achievement so far