Road test....:(

Options
MayaSPapaya
MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
First off, I'm 19 and had a fear of driving so even though I took drivers ed, I put off taking the road test until I was 18. The first time I took it, I was away at school beforehand, so I was very under practiced and not shocked that I didn't pass.
Fast Forward to a month ago, I took it for the second time. I had been practicing a lot and my dad and I both felt I was ready. I hit the curb while parallel parking and failed.
Fast Forward to yesterday, 3rd time taking the test after practicing even more with a driving school. The inspector said she wanted me to get "a little more practice, my nerves got the best of me, if I take it again I'll be absolutely fine". I was so upset, because now I'm just getting sick of not having my license and failing the test, while kids three years younger than me get theirs on the first try.
Can anyone offer me some advice on how to pass that test next time? I'm really feeling discouraged.

Replies

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    relax and pay attention.
  • tinkerbug83
    Options
    I took a Tylenol a little before to help calm my nerves.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    First off, I'm 19 and had a fear of driving so even though I took drivers ed, I put off taking the road test until I was 18. The first time I took it, I was away at school beforehand, so I was very under practiced and not shocked that I didn't pass.
    Fast Forward to a month ago, I took it for the second time. I had been practicing a lot and my dad and I both felt I was ready. I hit the curb while parallel parking and failed.
    Fast Forward to yesterday, 3rd time taking the test after practicing even more with a driving school. The inspector said she wanted me to get "a little more practice, my nerves got the best of me, if I take it again I'll be absolutely fine". I was so upset, because now I'm just getting sick of not having my license and failing the test, while kids three years younger than me get theirs on the first try.
    Can anyone offer me some advice on how to pass that test next time? I'm really feeling discouraged.

Take some magnesium before the test. It will calm you. It's a supplement you can find at any drugstore or health food store.

Practice, practice, practice...whatever it is you find the hardest to do, practice it until you aren't scared of it anymore.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Well first off don't worry about other people!! There may be some people younger than you with it but there are also a lot of people older than you who don't! Plus!!! Remember that episode of Kim Possible where she took drivers ed??? She had a hard time and she is totally BA!!! So don't feel bad! :D Worrying will only add to your stress anyway!!

Just practice a little more until its all old hat. Practice whenever you can, on the day of the test you will know that you are well prepared and can do this!