Veg,fruit, meat, water diet

Options
Hi

I have recently started a diet.

For the last 2 weeks i have only eating vegetables, fruit, salmon, chicken grilled, tuna, boiled eggs, sparkling water and earl grey tea

This is all my diet consists off no bread pasta nothing else.

Is this healthy for me to liveoff or is there something I am missing out on ?

Replies

• KatissimusDorsi
    Options
    Ummm is it healthy, sure, I guess. It wouldn't be mentally healthy for me I can tell you that.

The real question is WHY are you deciding to eat like this?
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I can not see this being unhealthy, BUT it depends on what kind of fruits and veggies you eat! Some fruits have tons of sugar and so do some veggies. I.e. carrots contain quite a lot of sugar and should not be eaten in high quantities. Fruits, berries are generally great and relatively low in sugar, but bananas are high calories, just to give one example.

I also agree with the above poster, why would you want to live on that?

Personally, I strongly believe in a life style change to healthier food, if you want to keep your weight under control in the longterm, but it must be something that you can keep up!

I try to cut out as much processed food as possible, but I do have pasta from time to time, or a pizza slice if I fancy it! It makes no sense for me, to cut out all the stuff I like, because I know I can not sustain it.

Regarding whether your choice is healthy: if you log all your food here on myfitnesspal, you can check whether you hit your macros and micros and adjust them if needed.

I take occassionally a multivitamin pill if I do not hit my micros, as I.e. today where I ate only 700 cal. (I do the 5:2 fast)

Anyhow, good luck with your approach, hope it works for you!
    Stef.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I would get bored with eating like that pretty quickly.
    And how will you eat when you're visiting friends or going out to dinner?
    Calorie deficit is what matters most, you can still eat bread, pasta and rice.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Add some nuts and seeds. And some Avocado, if you do not already have that among your fruits.
  • Janet72285
    Janet72285 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Your diet sounds similar to the paleo diet. I'd recommended checking it out if these are the foods you are drawn to. You might discover some recipes to kill the boredom of eating the same things all of the time. Also there well be good info on nutrition and if you are missing anything. There are many sites devoted to paleo eating and the lifestyle that goes with it. Hope this helps!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    90% of bodybuilders eat this way.
    The real question is if you are getting the proper levels in.
    Calories right?
    Macros right?
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, OP!!

I would just advise you to make sure to get as much as 8 cups of veggies in there.

Also, fats are missing from your diet, it seems. Use a good quality olive oil and drizzle that on your salads.

And as clean as you are eating, you need to make sure you are getting enough sodium, so you should track that. Buy the Himilayan salt if you can, as it is high in magnesium and potassium.

I didn't know what you meant by sparkling water. I hope that's regular water not the bubbly stuff.

If ketosis feels good for you, enjoy! If you don't like ketosis (after a month or two), for instance you feel moody all the time, then increase your veggies, or maybe add more fruits if you don't have sugar issues.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Sounds ok..but really boring. Food is to enjoy...that's why it tastes good!
  • markhowes1614
    Options
    Have taken you advise and added some pumpkin seeds to this, Thanks for your help