Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism?

Options
Does anyone do this Jillian Michaels DVD? I bought it yesterday and started the program today.....BUT, I'm not sure what to put it under in my exercise diary? Some of it is high impact, but some is low (and there's no medium impact in the exercise list). There is a "general aerobics"...but the calorie burn is quite low. Given the amount of sweat that was pouring from my body, and my gasping for breath, I'm pretty sure I burned a LOT! (Hopefully Santa will bring me a heart rate monitor for Christmas!)

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I use circuit training the same as 30 DS. Just because there are no weights doesn’t mean it’s not a rotation of circuits.

My beloved Turbo Jam is in the directory under kickboxing/Turbo jam but since there isn't a lot of punching I log BFBM under the lower calculated circuit training BUT I use my HRM so it’s not 523 cals for 50 minutes for me it’s about 400.
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    I am going to Hastings tonight to get these DVD's to do along with my running! So let the rest of us know!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I use circuit training as well. Just got a heart rate monitor and the next time I do it, I'll get to see just how close MFP's calculations are for that work out.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I do. It seems like are stats are similar...so I'll share my burn. I do the entire 53 minutes with maybe taking off 5-10 repetitions throughout the whole DVD. Using my HRM, I burn between 411 and 487 every time.
  • missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think your best bet is to get a heart rate monitor. Then you'll know exactly where your burn is.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Yeah it really does depend... HRM is your best bet. I burn about 281 for the 53 minutes, but it's hard for me to burn a lot when I only have like 5 pounds to lose