Introducing myself hope202014

Options
Hello I am hope202014. I have never used myfitnesspal before. I would like to lose 20 pounds this year, by tracking calories and activity daily. The fears I am facing are to get tired of tracking, fall off the wagon and get discouraged. I am looking forward to making friends.

Replies

• JeffTCole
    JeffTCole Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Using the MFP app makes it easy to log your food and fitness. Dont worry about falling off once in a while. It happens. Just dust yourself off and get back on!
  • SummerNonegiven
    Options
    Hi! Good for you for joining :smile: This site changed everything for me, and I hope you'll find it really useful, too.

It can be a bit a work at the beginning, measuring and adding all your food. Some things that I found helpful are to enter foods that I make myself into recipes, then just add the recipe to your diary. Also I click "copy from date", as I tend to eat the same breakfast a lot. That way, you don't have to re-enter!

Once you start seeing progress, it's very easy and fun to keep going. I think it's normal to fall off from time to time, but you can always come back and get back on track.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like, and good luck on your journey! :smile:
  • frommetoskinny
    Options
    I too recently joined this site. Logging can be a tad bit tedious but once you see the results and have a group of supportive friends willing to help you back up when you stumble it will all be worth it. feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck on your journey.
  • hope202014
    Options
    How do you add a friend?
  • Hansonian
    Hansonian Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! Good luck! Feel free to add me if you're ever looking for motivation! :)
  • frodopuppy
    Options
    I've been here since early January lost 7 put 3 back on and hit the reset button. fighting the good fight just want to be healthy, no worries good luck