Soups!

Options
Soup is my favorite food. I love to make a big pot and just eat it for a few days.

Any healthy soup recipes out there?

Replies

• RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump for recipes.

This is the only soup I've ever made, but I've made it 3 times now. We LOVE it!

http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/fall-off-the-bone-chicken-soup-recipe/

I'm ready to expand to new recipes....
  • capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I make this one constantly: http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2013/10/grain-free-paleo-vegan-cream-of-broccoli-soup/
    The original recipe is a little bit bland on its own, so I added some garlic salt and red pepper flake and then it is BOSS.

I also do three-bean turkey chili fairly often. It is inexpensive, hearty, and healthy, especially if you use reduced-sodium beans, and it lasts FOREVER....
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I made a great veggie beef the other day.

1 can diced tomatoes with juices
    2 zucchini, chopped
    2 ribs celery
    1 onion
    3 tablespoons tomato paste
    1 cup cooked ground(or cooked, cubed steak)
    1 cup chicken broth
    1 cup beef broth
    1 cup water
    Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning(I never measure) to taste

You could throw in any veggies you like. Make it with or without meat. Pasta would be good in it too. Its a great way to use up leftovers.

White chicken chili is my new favorite!

1 pound chicken
    1 can corn, drained
    1 can rotel, drained
    2 cans white beans(or any beans), drained & rinsed
    1 onion, chopped
    1-2 cups chicken broth(add more or less as needed)
    3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
    1 tablespoon italian seasoning
    4oz cream cheese or greek yogurt(stir in at the end)

Throw it all(except cream cheese or yogurt) in the crockpot and cook 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Stir in cream cheese or yogurt. Serve over rice, with crackers, or with cheese and sour cream on top. Fresh cilantro or parsley is good too.
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
  • ladycadaverous
    ladycadaverous Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Homemade Chicken Noodle is great. Boil a whole chicken till the meat falls off the bone. Then I add the meat and stock to a lg pot. Add carrots, celery, potatoes, some chicken bouiilan cubes, onions and a bag of egg noodles and let it simmer for awhile.
    Also I love to make a lg pot of cabbage, onions, carrots, and potatoes to a 1/4 full lg pot and steam it. I could eat that everyday.
    If you like beans you could try the 15 bean soup that is usually sold in the bean section at the store:)
    Other than that I really like Progresso Light soups:)
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    bump for recipes
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Homemade split pea! It freezes great, low cal, high fiber, and can be made vegetarian if you want.

1 pound bag yellow split peas (or green)
    4 cups broth (chicken, or vegetable, from cubes or however you like)
    1 onion diced
    4-8 cups water
    salt and black pepper to taste

Options: Ham, or a ham bone or liquid smoke, cumin and toasted minced onion

Rinse beans and pick out any stones. Soak in a pot of water overnight. Drain and rinse. Add all the ingredients, and let it simmer until the peas fall apart, adding more water as needed.
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    "Jamaican" rice and bean soup is my favorite!
    Basically you cut up two rashers of bacon, sauté it with a chopped onion in the dutch oven until they start to caramelize, add 1-2TB of jamaican jerk seasoning, (depending on how spicy you like it), scrape up the bits from the bottom, add a 4 cup carton of chicken broth and a can of pinto beans, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, then add a bag of precooked brown rice, and simmer for 5 more minutes. Done. You can add cilantro too.