2 Green bell pepper's
1 lb Ground beef
Egg (egg white)
bread crumbs (a tablespoon if that)
quarter of an onion
2 small cans of tomato sauce
salt
pepper

I mix some chopped onion and a minced clove with bread crumbs in the ground beef. Mix by hand until it looks well like its blended. Cut the top of the pepper and stuff it with the meat. Place the pepper in a sauce pan big enough to fit the pepper in and cover and add tomato sauce (I use about 2 small cans and dump over the peppers). Cook on medium low for about 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
90f02133-9fd2-40bc-aa5a-e4854bf95024_zpsb95369e7.jpg
I'm actually making them now and they smell so good!

You could choose to have brown rice but I choose not to have any rice..
ENOY! :heart:

stuffpepperinfo_zps534fa30c.jpg

Replies

• 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Yum! I've been thinking about making something like this
  • Bitts001
    Bitts001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yummy, I use almost the same ingredients as this for stuffed peppers, stuffed cabbage and meatloaf, except I cook a bag of frozen cauliflower, mash it up and use it in place of the bread crumbs for lower carbs...................
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    yum made stuffed peppers last night.. I like to make them with ground turkey sometimes too
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Okay, I made something similar to this a couple weeks ago and it was gross. Not because of the ingredients, but it was wet. Like peeling an orange, juice running down your arms wet. They tasted good, but how do you prepare stuffed peppers so you don't need a bib to eat it?
  • missblissspa
    missblissspa Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yummy, I use almost the same ingredients as this for stuffed peppers, stuffed cabbage and meatloaf, except I cook a bag of frozen cauliflower, mash it up and use it in place of the bread crumbs for lower carbs...................

Good idea! I know panko is a good sub, maybe even pork rinds? Thanks!
  • missblissspa
    missblissspa Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Okay, I made something similar to this a couple weeks ago and it was gross. Not because of the ingredients, but it was wet. Like peeling an orange, juice running down your arms wet. They tasted good, but how do you prepare stuffed peppers so you don't need a bib to eat it?

Maybe boil it before simmering to let the sauce reduce and maybe the moisture from the pepper would reduce some too. The peppers are made up of and retain water so I completely know what your talking about!