A little late but......

Options
........I will introduce myself. I'm 42, have three kids, and have been married for 22 years. I'm 5'8, and when I got married, I weighed 120 lbs. I started my life style change right after I turned 42. It made me sick that at my age, I could add a 2 before my age and have that as my weight! So, I decided to eat right, exercise more, and I'm down 11 lbs. since 1/27/14.

I try to log everyday, and really enjoy this site!

Feel free to add me.

Replies

• JeannetteLassell
    Options
    You are doing great....I did not find this site until age 59
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You've made a great start. I have been on here quite a while but would love some more friends to motivate and motivate me. I am in my 40's, married with two young children. I think this site is really great too :)
  • TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I know I can't keep this pace, but my goal is 2 lbs. a week. If I can meet that goal, which I know will be hard, I should get to my desired weight by September 28th.
  • ShelleyTurgeon
    ShelleyTurgeon Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic!!! Feel free to add me as a friend! I log every day and always enjoy new friends :)
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    That's ambitious. One to two pound a week should be do-able but weight loss is not linear, some weeks there's none, others more than you expect. I am not that strict and therefore my weight loss has been painfully slow but on the upside what I have lost has stayed off (more or less)
  • TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My goal is not all about weight either. Because I also lift weights, which muscle gain probably won't happen much because of the calorie deficit, I'm not sure how I'll look at 172. I might happy with my appearance at 182. Not all of my weight gain was fat over the years. I hit the weights hard the first year and a half I was married and went from 120 to 145, so there is some muscle under all of this insulation!