NEW TO TURBO FIRE!!!

Options
So I just received Turbo Fire as an early xmas gift from my mom!!! I am currently on Day 3 (Fire 30 and Stretch 10) and I'm absolutely loving it! Chalene is amazing and I look forward to it every day....didn't think I could love anything more than Turbo Jam! So because I'm new to do this program and I just had a few questions for you experienced Turbo Fire Fanatics!

1. How do you record calories burnt for HIIT workouts and Fire workouts?
2. Do you combine any other form of exercise with Turbo Fire?
3. Do you follow the provided schedule or go at your own pace?
4. What kind of results have you seen?

Any other tips you could give me would be great!!!

Replies

• stormywxs
    stormywxs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Piggy Back:wink: I don't have any answers to your questions but I have a question of my own to add. I've done Chalean Extreme and I love that program. I feel like I'm ready for more. Is Turbo Fire a step up from CLX? I really like Chalene Johnson and I had pretty good results with CLX. So, are there any suggestions from you Chalean experts as to where to go from CLX?
  • ChanelCharlie
    Options
    well I've never done CLX so I'm not exactly sure but I can tell you a few things about Turbo Fire!
    - on most days the class consists of high impact aerobics with choreographed moves
    - 2 days per week you do a HIIT class, High Intensity Interval Training...which is crazy fast Turbo Fire on crack...lol, but really its pretty basic moves (including plyometrics) done at a very fast pace for a short period of time (max 60 seconds) then repeated
    - I love Turbo Jam and Fire because the music is great and makes me work hard
    - the moves are sometimes hard to get right away but after a few times you know them by heart and can really give it your all, even if you don't get the moves perfectly you can still get a great workout
    - Chalene is a fantastic motivator, which you already know!!!
    I would say take the plunge!!!
    There are a lot of high impact moves, jumping...so be careful if you have joint problems...i always wear my knee brace!!
    Good luck!!
  • kelfox
    kelfox Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @Chanel; calorie counting. I'm currently shopping around for a calorie counter I can wear. I do a lot of Turbo workouts including the HIIT ones, and I KNOW I burn more in 20 minutes doing HIIT than just a Fire or a Jam. So, when I finally get a calorie counter to work then I may have an accurate idea of how many calories I'm burning. Right now I'm guessing, and probably guessing pretty low. I love the Turbo fire, it's got me addicted again like TJam did. CLX didn't get me as addicted, probably because it's slow and doesn't have music and all the punches I really enjoy. I can hardly jump 1/2 as high as most of the people in the video, but I'm working hard....like TJam on crack..exactly. Feels great!
  • kelfox
    kelfox Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @Chanel...forgot to mention other answers. I combine TurboFire with Turbo Jam, with Hip Hop Abs and Rockin Body (love this one, too!). I usually workout daily, and don't follow a strict calendar because I follow through better if I do what I feel like I want for that day. I am grabbing a TFire daily right now, but when my friend comes to workout with me we do a Hip Hop Abs or Rockin Body because she is not yet at a Chalene jumpy nutso stage yet. She probably thinks I'm a nutcase jumping and punching until I have sweat blinding me...feels great! I also mix in the Wii dance games; Just Dance 1 and 2, and MJackson Experience. I always wear 1 lbs hand weights in all my workouts. Great ones on Walmart.com Everlast brand. Makes a HUGE difference in workouts, especially the Jam and Fire!!!

=) Kel:happy:
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    Turbo Fire is AMAZING!!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Piggy Back:wink: I don't have any answers to your questions but I have a question of my own to add. I've done Chalean Extreme and I love that program. I feel like I'm ready for more. Is Turbo Fire a step up from CLX? I really like Chalene Johnson and I had pretty good results with CLX. So, are there any suggestions from you Chalean experts as to where to go from CLX?

In the back of the Turbo Fire book is a 20-week ChaLean Extreme/Turbo Fire hybrid program. It's VERY good. I highly recommend doing that.