Support and Help on Plateaus

Options
Good morning! Hoping to make this stick this time, Did MFP app last year and lost 22 pounds -- plateaued and then fell off the wagon! But this year my goals are different not just a "look good" goal but a overall healthy lifestyle goal. Need support please from others.

Also, after losing almost 20 lbs again-- I have plateaued. Any tips out there for breaking the plateau and losing again? I really need to lost at least 65 poiunds. I don't want to get discouraged again!

Thanks!

Replies

• parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I feel you. every time i get to this weight i plateau..i am so frustrated. I lost about 27 lbs and have been stuck for two months!
  • nancyluckhurst3
    nancyluckhurst3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sometimes just a boost in exercise will do it. But take a good look at what you are eating. You may need to do some change ups there too.
    Good morning! Hoping to make this stick this time, Did MFP app last year and lost 22 pounds -- plateaued and then fell off the wagon! But this year my goals are different not just a "look good" goal but a overall healthy lifestyle goal. Need support please from others.

Also, after losing almost 20 lbs again-- I have plateaued. Any tips out there for breaking the plateau and losing again? I really need to lost at least 65 poiunds. I don't want to get discouraged again!

Thanks!
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yeah me too. If i'm honest though, my eating hasn't been the best. Trying to rectify that with lots of fruit and veg and less sweet stuff. It's not just about calories, but the quality of the food you put in your stomach too.
  • kb2699
    kb2699 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was just thinking this morning that I haven't lost for a couple of weeks and was starting to feel a bit rubbish about it all. I read this post http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations and it made me feel a lot better! It definitely makes it harder to resist temptation when you're not seeing the benefits on the scales but I keep telling myself it's the improvements in my health that are just as important. You can do it! :happy: